ThirdRailForum

• January 19, 2018, 08:05:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Film 2017  (Read 409 times)

plus minus reset

Cookie MonsterTopic starter

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 219
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - The Perfect Photo100 Replies - The Perfect Photo100 Replies - Hey Benzover200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
Film 2017
« on: April 10, 2017, 01:22:34 PM »

Better late than never. :snick:

Just finished watching Logan, an overly long melodrama swansong.One for fans on TV, I struggled through it.

1/10

miketx

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • miketx has a lot to say.miketx has a lot to say.miketx has a lot to say.miketx has a lot to say.miketx has a lot to say.miketx has a lot to say.miketx has a lot to say.miketx has a lot to say.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Well folks, it's been fun100 Replies - Though I've only been here a short time -100 Replies - So, waht are you
Re: Film 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 06:46:20 PM »

Sorry, it may be a good movie, but I won't watch anything or support anything that has PROVEN America hating assholes in it.

My opinion in no way should cast any shadow on your enjoyment of it, however.

GWION

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Champ2006 Fantasy Football Champ2005 Fantasy Football Champ
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 12:39:03 AM »

We went and watched Ghost in the Shell last night.

It was good, especially in 3D. It is a futuristic dark film based on the anime.

Think Matrix + Blade Runner + Lucy (cause Scarlett Johansson) maybe a little Chappie thrown in for good measure.

Overall pretty entertaining.  7 out of 10

dazz

• raginghardon
  • Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • dazz probably just rolled in here.
  • JUST LET IT OUT
    • REALWINTER
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 03:16:17 PM »

Gold wasn't a bad film and the wilderpeople was hilarious.
WHEN YOU'RE 100% WRONG DIE DEFENDING YOUR WRONGNESS

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - The Perfect Photo100 Replies - The Perfect Photo100 Replies - Hey Benzover200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 03:19:40 PM »

So how about a mod pinning this topic?

I watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 todaay.

Thought it was great, if you like the first one you'll dig this, i personally thought it was better than the first.

My only gripe with both films is it claims to be set musically in the 80s or thats what it aludes to but all the songs are 60s or 70s.

So with out spoilering it the humour is much better with more settled characters with continual flames being lobbed at Rocket, like Rat and triangular faced monkey.

Some great Cameos as well inc Sly stalone and Kurt Russel.

Im giving this an 8/10. May well go and watch it again if I have time

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 03:44:45 PM »

Watched Alien covenant the other day.

So my favs in order are

Alien 2
Alein 4
AvP
Alien
Promethius
Avp2
aAlien3

I would put this on a level with Promethius, it is a bit like Scott trying to recapute the excitement of his first film, yes theres more horror and more explaining but its no way as good as some of the others, dont get me wrong this is an enjoyable film but nothing special. In fact its a bit to similar to number 1 in many ways.

Colonisatuion ship takes a detour when it picks up a signal, etc etc. The synthetic though is the star of this one.

Im giving it 4 out of 10, in no hurry to see it again or to see the next one either come to think of it.

Eisbaer

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Eisbaer embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Making TRF grate again
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 05:38:20 PM »

I wonder if it's possible to chronologically order the films according to what year they were supposedly set in and watch them start to finish.... without falling asleep halfway through the Alien 3&4.

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 12:32:39 PM »

Good question
Predator
Predator2
Predators
AvP
Promethius
Then either,

Covenant or
Could run in parrallel

AvP Requiem

Both pred sequals reference the first one, weyland lives in AvP so precedes 1,2,3,4, where hes a synthetic in 12,3.

ETA techwise preditor movies are pre spaceflight.

Rose Quartz

• Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 120
  • Rose Quartz has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Rose Quartz has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Rose Quartz has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Rose Quartz has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Rose Quartz has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Rose Quartz has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Rose Quartz has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Rose Quartz has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Rose Quartz has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Rose Quartz has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Rose Quartz has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Rose Quartz has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Rose Quartz has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Rose Quartz has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Rose Quartz has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Rose Quartz has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Rose Quartz has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: Win - Seasons Beatings 2018100 Reply Thread - I love Bernie Sanders
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 02:15:18 PM »

I'm casting for a new pRon0 flick.  I want Feral's boob and nipple, and maybe her other boob and nipple, to do a walk on part.

Should I e-mail her the script + forms?

Eisbaer

• Senatore
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 05:17:45 PM »

Good question
Predator
Predator2
Predators
AvP
Promethius
Then either,

Covenant or
Could run in parrallel

AvP Requiem

Both pred sequals reference the first one, weyland lives in AvP so precedes 1,2,3,4, where hes a synthetic in 12,3.

ETA techwise preditor movies are pre spaceflight.
Could work, though I'd tuck AVPR in after AVP, being that it's a continuation of the whole South Pole expidition. Haven't seen Covenant yet so I can'y comment on it's placement in the canon.

One rumour I heard was that the original Alien scene where Ripley stumbles across Dallas in the incubation chamber and flamethrowing the crap out of him as the embryo Alien starts to explode from his chest had to be cut from the movie because some people in the test audiences vomited when it was shown. Six years later it was tame enough for Aliens so I kinda wonder if the rumour was bunkum... either way, it needs to go back in.

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2017, 02:56:14 AM »

Prob correct about avpr, I just forgot to slot it in so typo.

so,
Predator
Predator2
Predators
AvP
AvP Requiem
Promethius
Covenant

Also Covenant was first colony mission, wereas aliens they had perfected terraforming so covenant precedes 1 to 4.

Predators could also be were it is or a couple further down after avp etc as offworld but tech limits on arms used.

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 04:53:24 PM »

Just finished watching Sausage Party, with Seth Rogan doing a character.

It was pretty good fun, crude gutter humour and language with a ladies douche as the villain. It just got more fucked up and hilarious as it went on and the end was really mental.

Worth a watch at least.

cw

• > you
  • cw embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Match the member to the smiley500 Replies - This is yuo300 Replies - This is yuo300 Replies - Freuds Dick200 Replies - Freuds Dick100 Replies - Freuds Dick200 Replies - This is yuo100 Replies - This is yuo
    • Flame Truth
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 05:06:48 PM »

Looking forward to this.

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2017, 04:58:46 AM »

Looking forward to this.

That looks quite good, based on a book you read? Is it a stephen King novel?

I loved The Stand and Tommy knockers best of Kings.

Eisbaer

• Senatore
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2017, 08:52:23 AM »

Just finished watching Sausage Party, with Seth Rogan doing a character.

It was pretty good fun, crude gutter humour and language with a ladies douche as the villain. It just got more fucked up and hilarious as it went on and the end was really mental.

Worth a watch at least.

Saw it again for about the fourth or fifth time three nights ago. Rotten movie... I love it.  :grin:

cw

• > you
  • cw embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Match the member to the smiley500 Replies - This is yuo300 Replies - This is yuo300 Replies - Freuds Dick200 Replies - Freuds Dick100 Replies - Freuds Dick200 Replies - This is yuo100 Replies - This is yuo
    • Flame Truth
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 11:12:22 AM »

That looks quite good, based on a book you read? Is it a stephen King novel?

I loved The Stand and Tommy knockers best of Kings.

It's The Gunslinger from the Dark Tower series! 

Inspired in equal parts by Robert Browning’s poem, “Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came,” J.R.R.Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings, and Sergio Leone’s spaghetti Western classics, The Dark Tower series is an epic of Arthurian proportions. It is Stephen King’s magnum opus, and is the center of his amazing creative universe. - http://stephenking.com/darktower/book/

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2017, 05:06:06 PM »

Saw it again for about the fourth or fifth time three nights ago. Rotten movie... I love it.  :grin:

I may watch it again, just watched God Bless america for the second time, that is so good.

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 05:07:22 PM »

It's The Gunslinger from the Dark Tower series! 

Inspired in equal parts by Robert Browning’s poem, “Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came,” J.R.R.Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings, and Sergio Leone’s spaghetti Western classics, The Dark Tower series is an epic of Arthurian proportions. It is Stephen King’s magnum opus, and is the center of his amazing creative universe. - http://stephenking.com/darktower/book/

Heard of it, not been a big King fan more Koontz and  Herbert but prob will give it a go.

Eisbaer

• Senatore
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 02:33:09 PM »

I may watch it again, just watched God Bless america for the second time, that is so good.

You can thank Freud for that one; last time I was over at his place for dinner he put it on. Blew my mind, one of the better pieces of cinema I've seen in a long time.

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2017, 04:39:01 PM »

Just watched the Wonder woman film. Forget the TV series this is a return to the comics and maintains its dark edge.

Diane gets banished from the island of the Amozans by her mother the Queen because she beleives in the world of men, and throughout there is that good v evil conflict. Mercifully free of identity politics which is refreshing seeing its set in WW1 London. One joke about suffarage which prob eclipsed the whole Ghostbusters reboot.

About 2 hours long, I can see why some people wont like it, I enjoyed it  and would recomend people seeing it.

7/10

Tumbleweed

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Tumbleweed is acknowledged by some.Tumbleweed is acknowledged by some.Tumbleweed is acknowledged by some.Tumbleweed is acknowledged by some.
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2017, 05:15:50 PM »

Just watched the Wonder woman film. Forget the TV series this is a return to the comics and maintains its dark edge.

Diane gets banished from the island of the Amozans by her mother the Queen because she beleives in the world of men, and throughout there is that good v evil conflict. Mercifully free of identity politics which is refreshing seeing its set in WW1 London. One joke about suffarage which prob eclipsed the whole Ghostbusters reboot.

About 2 hours long, I can see why some people wont like it, I enjoyed it  and would recomend people seeing it.

7/10

Technically because she got banned from the island she wasn't allowed to call herself Wonder Woman. So what she did was rename herself "Whataburger Woman". It's explained in the movie but if you don't pay real close attention you'll never see it because they wanted to play it low key so people would just assume she was still Wonder Woman.

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2017, 04:19:36 PM »

Watched Star wars 8 today, bit better than 7.

Think you need to be a certain age to love them,
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.616 seconds with 42 queries.