ThirdRailForum

• June 23, 2018, 11:34:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NFL Draft 2017  (Read 272 times)

plus minus reset

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 311
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
NFL Draft 2017
« on: April 16, 2017, 10:19:44 AM »

This is one of those years that is loaded with first round talent. The RB talent alone is potentially off the charts if the players live up to their college careers.

A lot hinges will hinge on the team that selects them, the personnel they have, offensive line, offense and injury status. With that in mind here are my top 15 rankings of college rb's for the past 2 years (with no consideration of the previous NFL season).

Btw, I have seen all them play in actual games for years (some since high school), not just game highlights or taking someone else's rankings and stacking them accordingly.

1. Derrick Henry  - Alabama (Titans)
2. Ezekiel Elliott  - Ohio St  (Cowboys)
3. Dalvin Cook  - FSU
4. Leonard Fournette - LSU
5. Christian McCaffrey - Stanford
6. Jordan Howard  - UAB/Indiana (Bears)
7. Joe Mixon  - Oklahoma
8. D'Onta Foreman - Texas
9. Donnel Pumphrey - San Diego St
10. Kenyan Drake - Alabama (Dolphins)
11. C.J. Prosise - Notre Dame (Seahawks)
12. Jeremy McNichols - Boise St
13. Samaje Perine - OU
14. Alvin Kamara - Tennessee
15. Marlon Mack - South Florida

All of them were outstanding talents in college. If they don't live up to expectations in the NFL, it's either because of injuries or bad coaching/personnel decisions.

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

GWION

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Champ2006 Fantasy Football Champ2005 Fantasy Football Champ
Re: NFL Draft 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 01:48:18 PM »

I like- Mc Cafferey and Mixon I think they have real potential.

Fournette is an obvious first rounder just hope he didn't already hit his peak 2 years ago. Seems to me Perine did. He just wasn't the breakaway threat he was his frosh year, kinda lost a step IMO.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 04:57:55 PM »

Perine was a total head scratcher. After his freshman year I thought a Heisman was very likely in his future. He was awesome. Then something happened. I don't know what but he looked nothing like his freshman year last season and the previous season. Maybe because OU had Mixon and took away some of his carries. He's was still pretty good though.

Similar thing with James Conner from Pitt. He was awesome as a freshman - 200 yd rushing games were routine but then he got hurt and found out he had cancer. Heartbreaking story when it happened.

Incredibly he came back and showed flashes last season but just wasn't the same. Im rooting for him all the way. He has the potential to have a better pro career than college.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 05:18:58 PM »

McCaffrey - I might have over-ranked. He had a quiet season last year. He is such a unique talent that a team needs to design plays especially for him, considering his size.

It's possible they play him in the slot against a LB or second string corner which would be a gross mismatch. He can also return kicks and punts without being touched. I liken him to Reggie Bush and Kenyan Drake. It's going to be very interesting to see what team he goes to and how they use him this season. Probably the Broncos like his old man.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 07:03:02 PM »

Predictions -
Fournette to Jax or Carolina
McCaffrey to Denver
Dalvin Cook to Tampa

This is setting up to be the best fantasy football season ever!  :lol:

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 07:23:21 PM »

So apparently McCaffrey is a rising hot commodity tonight. We shall find out soon.

Im going to predict right now that Trubisky will be a first round bust. I dont care what team picks him. The guy had only a few starts in his career and played more like a 4th rounder. Brad f'n Kayaa had a better college career than him.

:lmao:

GWION

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.GWION has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Champ2006 Fantasy Football Champ2005 Fantasy Football Champ
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 10:29:54 PM »

Wow I am surprised that Pat Mahomes went so high.

Poor Alex Smith he is the Rodney Dangerfield of QB's

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 11:16:41 PM »

Me too. Im not so sure that Mahomes was as good his numbers or he is the product of the TT offense and the horrible Big12 defenses. David Webb also put up a bunch of video game passing yard stats in similar situations.

I am shocked that Ruben Foster hasnt been taken through 26 picks. Especially considering some of the scrubs who have been picked. Chances are that a lot of GMs are going to live to regret it.

The sorry fucking Dolphins who need a LB badly passed on Foster and picked the DE from Missouri who was no better than Michael Sam. Incredible..

HerbeMannABg

• Foreigner
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • HerbeMannABg probably just rolled in here.
  • Fan of: PURIFICATION PROGRAM
NFL Draft 2017
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 10:57:22 AM »

I dont know why none of the media wanted to criticize him. Even the ESPN live draft page and NFL network were being questioned as to why the need to talk about him so much. The average Joe gets it.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 06:49:34 PM »

1. Derrick Henry  - Alabama (Titans)
2. Ezekiel Elliott  - Ohio St  (Cowboys)
3. Dalvin Cook  - FSU
4. Leonard Fournette - LSU
5. Christian McCaffrey - Stanford
6. Jordan Howard  - UAB/Indiana (Bears)
7. Joe Mixon  - Oklahoma
8. D'Onta Foreman - Texas
9. Donnel Pumphrey - San Diego St
10. Kenyan Drake - Alabama (Dolphins)
11. C.J. Prosise - Notre Dame (Seahawks)
12. Jeremy McNichols - Boise St
13. Samaje Perine - OU
14. Alvin Kamara - Tennessee
15. Marlon Mack - South Florida

Kamara is shooting up into the top 10 and Fournette is up to #2.

Missed out on Hunt from Toledo. Great pic by the Chiefs so far. Aaron Jones by the Packers too.

McNichols was a total bust at Tampa which was rather surprising considering how well he did at BSU after Jay Ayaji left. Perine seems like another bust.

Mixon has the same problem as Henry right now - his team doesn't know what they have yet and/or their coaching stupidity is causing them to delay their decision to make him the main guy over the other less talented rb's.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.286 seconds with 35 queries.