ThirdRailForum

• December 17, 2017, 12:45:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ethereum - please explain?  (Read 654 times)

plus minus reset

feralTopic starter

• Supreme Ruler
  • Reputation Power: 155
  • feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Bra1n..in case you were not aware..100 Replies - Why was flea banned?
  • resting bitch face.
Ethereum - please explain?
« on: October 09, 2017, 08:03:17 AM »

I've recently become very interested in this and want to know how to invest in it.. I've searched online and have read quite a few articles about it, however Im not tech savvy and get lost with all the tech talk.

I understand that without bitcoin there would be no Ethereum, however Im not interested in knowing about bitcoin because from what I have understood, Ethereum will be taking over bitcoin at some stage.

So far all I've been coming across on the net is bitcoin and Ethereum combined, which then starts to confuse me.

Can anyone please explain Ethereum in basic layman terms?

Thanks in advance.

Yet another example of why feral is the reigning Queen of Flame. All others are pretenders.  :snick:

Bodice Ripped

• Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 117
  • Bodice Ripped has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Bodice Ripped has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Bodice Ripped has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Bodice Ripped has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Bodice Ripped has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Bodice Ripped has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Bodice Ripped has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Bodice Ripped has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Bodice Ripped has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Bodice Ripped has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Bodice Ripped has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Bodice Ripped has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Bodice Ripped has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Bodice Ripped has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Bodice Ripped has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Bodice Ripped has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Bodice Ripped has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - I love Bernie Sanders
Re: Ethereum - please explain?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 07:56:10 PM »

I've recently become very interested in this and want to know how to invest in it.. I've searched online and have read quite a few articles about it, however Im not tech savvy and get lost with all the tech talk.

I understand that without bitcoin there would be no Ethereum, however Im not interested in knowing about bitcoin because from what I have understood, Ethereum will be taking over bitcoin at some stage.

So far all I've been coming across on the net is bitcoin and Ethereum combined, which then starts to confuse me.

Thanks in advance.

My son was in it for a couple of months, then got out.  He never could explain it to my satisfaction.   :dontknow:
:santa: :santa: :santa:

Don Kwyjibo

• Real Arteest'
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Don Kwyjibo embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - 120 F Heatwave Targets Southwestern Americans100 Replies - Congratulations are in order for Vixen100 Replies - WTF? Miketx measures dog dicks and..100 Replies - Letting worthless posters die100 Replies - Unless things improve, I'm done here100 Replies - What's the real difference between..100 Replies - Word on the street is that100 Replies - California and Florida are full of mongs..100 Replies - Cathy Swamp Pussy reckons..300 Replies - Bonesaw and I..200 Replies - Bonesaw and I..100 Replies - Bonesaw and I..100 Replies - American Flame Forums have gotten..100 Replies - Being civil to Caskur100 Replies -  	So PB (Peanut Butter) finds..100 Replies - Organizing a Take Out Food Delivery Bombing on100 Replies - Why does Sinister prefer American Gridiron Butts?100 Replies - List your currently present Flametown Greats100 Reply Thread -  	Reasons why Im in lurve in Flea200 Reply Thread - Flea and I are going to fuck100 Reply Thread - Flea and I are going to fuck100 Reply Thread -  	The two most sexiest TRF women..100 Reply Thread - Memeoffski teh Prowliepooski100 Reply Thread - Who is the most unfuckable poster100 Reply Thread -  	Why are American Christians like Dove100 Reply Thread - Heads up, all!..
  • Vroom vroom...
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 09:00:57 PM »

Thanks in advance.

Ethereum is bigger blockchain capable of coding inclusions such as smart contracts... it's Hulk if BTC is Dr. Banner.

But keep in mind that BTC users/owners are very brand loyal at this point...

Best multi wallet for both is probably Jaxx.io....

Be sure to back up with a twelve word recovery password.
Quote from: THE BRA1N
Oh and btw, dont be surprised if you find yourselves temp banned next week. I'm still fuming that Hillary lost and looking to take it out on either or both of you

Bra1n Election Day Meltdown v2.0 now underway..  :snick:

feralTopic starter

• Supreme Ruler
  • feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.feral has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Bra1n..in case you were not aware..100 Replies - Why was flea banned?
  • resting bitch face.
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 05:00:10 AM »

Ethereum is bigger blockchain capable of coding inclusions such as smart contracts... it's Hulk if BTC is Dr. Banner.

But keep in mind that BTC users/owners are very brand loyal at this point...

Best multi wallet for both is probably Jaxx.io....

Be sure to back up with a twelve word recovery password.

Thanks, so many questions..

Ok, so I need to join something like coinbase first?

Is that a good one to go with or are there better ones?

Am I assuming correctly that coinbase is a like a digital bank?

Once I join coinbase or something similar, do I then get this
" wallet " or do I need to get a " wallet " before I join ?

- clearly a rookie.

If possible can you give me an ABC step guide with what I would have to do?
Yet another example of why feral is the reigning Queen of Flame. All others are pretenders.  :snick:

Don Kwyjibo

• Real Arteest'
  • Augustus
  • Awards: 100 Replies - 120 F Heatwave Targets Southwestern Americans100 Replies - Congratulations are in order for Vixen100 Replies - WTF? Miketx measures dog dicks and..100 Replies - Letting worthless posters die100 Replies - Unless things improve, I'm done here100 Replies - What's the real difference between..100 Replies - Word on the street is that100 Replies - California and Florida are full of mongs..100 Replies - Cathy Swamp Pussy reckons..300 Replies - Bonesaw and I..200 Replies - Bonesaw and I..100 Replies - Bonesaw and I..100 Replies - American Flame Forums have gotten..100 Replies - Being civil to Caskur100 Replies -  	So PB (Peanut Butter) finds..100 Replies - Organizing a Take Out Food Delivery Bombing on100 Replies - Why does Sinister prefer American Gridiron Butts?100 Replies - List your currently present Flametown Greats100 Reply Thread -  	Reasons why Im in lurve in Flea200 Reply Thread - Flea and I are going to fuck100 Reply Thread - Flea and I are going to fuck100 Reply Thread -  	The two most sexiest TRF women..100 Reply Thread - Memeoffski teh Prowliepooski100 Reply Thread - Who is the most unfuckable poster100 Reply Thread -  	Why are American Christians like Dove100 Reply Thread - Heads up, all!..
  • Vroom vroom...
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 06:07:13 AM »

Thanks, so many questions..

Ok, so I need to join something like coinbase first?

Is that a good one to go with or are there better ones?

Am I assuming correctly that coinbase is a like a digital bank?

Once I join coinbase or something similar, do I then get this
" wallet " or do I need to get a " wallet " before I join ?

- clearly a rookie.

If possible can you give me an ABC step guide with what I would have to do?

To get in easily, you must first purchase Bitcoin (BTC). That's straightfoward enough in Australia but you'll generally have to show various ID or at least your drivers licence to sign up for. Coinjar is Australia based but if you can avoid using any exchange, do so. They're middle men taking profits off you. With BTC you can convert to whatever else you want, especially Ether (number 2).

I recommended Jaxx.io wallet for your phone or computer because they support over a dozen different altcoins and you can exchange through the App via Shapeshift online, an online exchange which doesn't require registration. You can do it on the fly from your phone although the confirmation times can range from minutes to hours/days depending on type of coin and the fee which again ranges from pennies to 7-8 dollars, depending on the coin and the period of the day, week, block chain saturation.

(They also can be contacted for delays or errors and do fix up loss of sums... personally speaking).

The best option is to find somebody offline or off exchange to sell you an altcoin... thus bypassing the crap and ID requirements.

Download Jaxx... give me your ETH receive address as shown upper and lower case letters and numbers intact (very important.... the way it's shown), and I'll send you 5 bucks worth of Ether to experiment with in your wallet.

I'd send the same in BTC except the fees for BTC would eat up most if not all of the 5 bucks.
Oh and btw, dont be surprised if you find yourselves temp banned next week. I'm still fuming that Hillary lost and looking to take it out on either or both of you

Don Kwyjibo

• Real Arteest'
  • Augustus
  • Vroom vroom...
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 06:10:37 AM »

Incidentally.... coincap.io is a rough guide of trending prices and market cap. If you've got a banker in the family they might be able to have a squiz...

feralTopic starter

• Supreme Ruler
  • resting bitch face.
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 09:50:30 AM »

It's almost midnight here, and I need to process what you have posted...think about it all with a clearer mind...no doubt I'll have more questions.

Thank you for taking the time to reply..

feralTopic starter

• Supreme Ruler
  • resting bitch face.
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 05:58:29 AM »

Download Jaxx... give me your ETH receive address as shown upper and lower case letters and numbers intact (very important.... the way it's shown), and I'll send you 5 bucks worth of Ether to experiment with in your wallet.

From here?

https://jaxx.io/

Don Kwyjibo

• Real Arteest'
  • Augustus
  • Vroom vroom...
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 06:29:34 AM »

feralTopic starter

• Supreme Ruler
  • resting bitch face.
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 07:15:29 AM »

Do I choose express or custom?

( I'm a rookie lol..I need to ask these things )

feralTopic starter

• Supreme Ruler
  • resting bitch face.
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 07:23:46 AM »

I accepted express..

Then it's " please select wallets to activate "

Do I accept BTC and ETH?

What's ETC - Ethereum Classic? Should I accept that as well..and DSH - Dash..( I've read that Dash is good also ? )

feralTopic starter

• Supreme Ruler
  • resting bitch face.
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 07:53:58 AM »

I've accepted all the above..

Can you please advise on how I can now purchase my own bitcoin/ ethereum?

I appreciate you offering to send me $5 worth, however how can I purchase these on my own..?

Don Kwyjibo

• Real Arteest'
  • Augustus
  • Vroom vroom...
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 09:17:15 AM »

Coinjar.com is one exchange you can join in Australia. Bitcoin only though. Many newsagents also support purchase through https://bitcoin.com.au/order?buy

Best option is to buy from a seller.

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 390
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 01:15:11 AM »

Without getting too deep into technicalities, many ppl think that Ethereum is a scam which will collapse in the long term.

It is worth noting that 70 million of the current 95 million or so total Ethers are controlled by a select group of early investors and developers.

Think about that. 70 million Ethers is held by an inner circle and around 25 million by everyone else in the world. To me that is a huge red flag.

Ether is attractive to speculators in the short term because it is so much cheaper to buy than BTC but what happens to the market when the those people who are sitting on 70 million Ethers start to sell to cash out?

Supply > Demand = price drop

On that supply and demand topic, there is also the issue that much more Ethers are being created than BTC, ie, more supply. About 10 million ethers are created every year vs 16 million total Bitcoins which have been created in 8 years of existence. If the demand does not keep up, prices will fall. This may be why some ppl refer to it as a ponzi scheme. They will need to attract many new investors to support the prices.

The possibility of the US Security and Exchange Commission charging the ppl behind Ether (who hold those 70 million Ethers) for unlicensed and unregulated securities fraud also needs to be considered.

Bitcoin has its issues such as with speed and transactions costs but it is what most people think of when they of cryptocurrency. Especially in China which bodes well for demand.

My opinion, right now it is still okay to buy small amounts of Ether for the short term but I would get out after making a decent profit.

I have read a bit about Litecoin being the best long term replacement for BTC but I need to do more research about it before pouring my money into it.

For right now, the best long term crypto to hold is Bitcoin. Although that could also suffer if Ether collapses due to the negative publicity but long term it would likely recover and overcome.

Coinbase is a good place to start since they deal in all three cryptos.
Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 01:38:49 AM »

Do I accept BTC and ETH?

What's ETC - Ethereum Classic? Should I accept that as well..and DSH - Dash..( I've read that Dash is good also ? )

As suspect as ETH is, ETC is worse. It's crap. Don't bother with that.

https://steemit.com/ethereum/@crossroads/eth-vs-etc-what-matters-is-the-future

Have you ever heard of Dash? Know anyone who has? Do you know of any commercial establishments which accept it?

Me either.

Stick to what people have at least heard about and use in commercial establishments which is what drives demand and valuations.

The others are more likely to be pump and dumps to drive up prices so that early speculators can cash out their holdings before it collapses. If it has no or extremely limited commercial use (but valuation is going up for no apparent reason), that is a red flag.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them

Don Kwyjibo

• Real Arteest'
  • Augustus
  • Vroom vroom...
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 06:33:56 AM »

::)

feralTopic starter

• Supreme Ruler
  • resting bitch face.
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 05:38:57 AM »

From what I've read, ethereum is starting to get back up from the corporate world...and I dunno... :dontknow: wouldn't it make sense to go with it, when the majority of the world already runs on corporate?

Don Kwyjibo

• Real Arteest'
  • Augustus
  • Vroom vroom...
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 06:44:58 AM »

From what I've read, ethereum is starting to get back up from the corporate world...and I dunno... :dontknow: wouldn't it make sense to go with it, when the majority of the world already runs on corporate?

I bought ether when it was about 11 bucks. Then ether forked between ETC and ETH later on. Same as BTC and the cash variant.

The trick is to buy a little of everything and hedge your bets.

You can always offload it (or in my case, mistakenly using Bitcoin the way it was intended for many years only to have the gravity of my past purchases - loss of earnings now - bitch slap me... I have a wool jacket bought with 200 bucks worth of BTC back in the day which I currently value at 6900 USD)...heh

Speculations are going to happen... best to have a little of everything (even XRP aka Ripple)...

feralTopic starter

• Supreme Ruler
  • resting bitch face.
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2017, 05:22:59 AM »

Thanks.

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2017, 10:09:26 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.546 seconds with 35 queries.