ThirdRailForum

• June 23, 2018, 06:23:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cityscapes by Night  (Read 372 times)

plus minus reset

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • TRF's Flame Champion
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • caskur embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampionWon - Title Event 2018100 Replies - Is Bra1n a Poofter?100 Replies - Bra1n200 Replies - Bra1n or Vixen100 Replies - Bra1n or Vixen500 Replies - Old Poo300 Replies - Old Poo200 Replies - Old Poo100 Replies - Old Poo100 Replies - Remembering AW aka Lisa - Bra1n100 Reply - Citizen E100 Reply Thread - Mr Pickles Hawaiian Budget VacationTRF ChampionWin vs Pickles 200 Reply Thread - New TRF Survivor Poll100 Reply Thread - New TRF Survivor Poll100 Reply Thread - Darling Sweet Gorgeous Sexy Bra1n100 Reply Thread - Sinister100 Reply Thread - Should caskur Leave TRF 4 Good?100 Reply Thread - Sum Cun'T's Never Change 100 Reply Thread - Bra1n's Bottom Teeth Challenge100 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead Up to Old Tricks100 Reply Thread - Open Call Out100 Reply Thread - Dear USA100 Reply Thread - Rose West200 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead100 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead100 Reply Thread - TTR Nail Challenge100 Reply Thread - Missing NSFW100 Reply Thread - The Prowler vs Vodafone..3rd Rail Weight Watchers Award200 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100 Reply Thread - Where is Brain? 300 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts200 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts100 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts100 Reply Thread - Cyclone Ita 100 Reply Thread - Callout NSFW100 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100+ Reply Thread - I Felt Lucky100+ Reply Thread - JFK The Lost Bullet100+ Reply Thread - Lightning - Addicted to..100+ Reply Thread - Lamenting V-Agent100+ Reply Thread -State Government to save $51m...200+ Reply Thread - Best Forum Poll100+ Reply Thread - Best Forum Poll100+ Reply Thread - caskur ~v~ V-Agent200+ Reply Thread - Callout Toefactor100+ Reply Thread - Callout Toefactor100+ Reply Thread - Nigger in New Zealand
Cityscapes by Night
« on: February 16, 2018, 04:22:14 PM »

I love doing night time photography. Last night we were told we'd get a thunder storm but it did not eventuate but I went along to the river anyway... and earlier the ocean. We've had month of blue sky, which it fine if you're a tourist I guess but landscape photographers want it mixed up.

Tonight's late night shots taken between 11 pm and 12 midnight. By rights there should have been lightning in these shots. Next time I hope. Lookiking from the foreshore of Applecross over to Perth. 

Earlier checking out the so called "storm"...

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 311
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
Re: Cityscapes by Night
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 04:58:12 PM »

There is something wrong with your settings that makes all your photos dark or off. They just aren't crisp or as vibrant as they should be.

Either your exposure is too fast or maybe your aperture or ISO settings. Something.

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • TRF's Flame Champion
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampionWon - Title Event 2018100 Replies - Is Bra1n a Poofter?100 Replies - Bra1n200 Replies - Bra1n or Vixen100 Replies - Bra1n or Vixen500 Replies - Old Poo300 Replies - Old Poo200 Replies - Old Poo100 Replies - Old Poo100 Replies - Remembering AW aka Lisa - Bra1n100 Reply - Citizen E100 Reply Thread - Mr Pickles Hawaiian Budget VacationTRF ChampionWin vs Pickles 200 Reply Thread - New TRF Survivor Poll100 Reply Thread - New TRF Survivor Poll100 Reply Thread - Darling Sweet Gorgeous Sexy Bra1n100 Reply Thread - Sinister100 Reply Thread - Should caskur Leave TRF 4 Good?100 Reply Thread - Sum Cun'T's Never Change 100 Reply Thread - Bra1n's Bottom Teeth Challenge100 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead Up to Old Tricks100 Reply Thread - Open Call Out100 Reply Thread - Dear USA100 Reply Thread - Rose West200 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead100 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead100 Reply Thread - TTR Nail Challenge100 Reply Thread - Missing NSFW100 Reply Thread - The Prowler vs Vodafone..3rd Rail Weight Watchers Award200 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100 Reply Thread - Where is Brain? 300 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts200 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts100 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts100 Reply Thread - Cyclone Ita 100 Reply Thread - Callout NSFW100 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100+ Reply Thread - I Felt Lucky100+ Reply Thread - JFK The Lost Bullet100+ Reply Thread - Lightning - Addicted to..100+ Reply Thread - Lamenting V-Agent100+ Reply Thread -State Government to save $51m...200+ Reply Thread - Best Forum Poll100+ Reply Thread - Best Forum Poll100+ Reply Thread - caskur ~v~ V-Agent200+ Reply Thread - Callout Toefactor100+ Reply Thread - Callout Toefactor100+ Reply Thread - Nigger in New Zealand
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 05:23:19 PM »

There is something wrong with your settings that makes all your photos dark or off. They just aren't crisp or as vibrant as they should be.

Either your exposure is too fast or maybe your aperture or ISO settings. Something.

The last one was slightly off... but all the others are fine.

There is some lossy when you load them to image hosts...And they appear slightly milky. (less sharp)

Night time shots can and do open for 60 secs, 30 secs, 20 secs... the camera I am using adjusts that....

When a lens is open for 30 seconds, you know the clouds and water are moving hence blur, don't you? You know they aren't "sharp" right?

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 05:28:27 PM »

When a lens is open for 30 seconds, you know the clouds and water are moving hence blur, don't you? You know they aren't "sharp" right?

It's your photos which arent sharp. Im talking about the exposure to light and color, not blur. Too many shadows as well.

Maybe Perth just happens to be a dark geographical place that isn't conducive to good color photos.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • TRF's Flame Champion
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 05:40:45 PM »

Brain, does this look sharp to you?

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • TRF's Flame Champion
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 05:48:17 PM »

It's your photos which arent sharp. Im talking about the exposure to light and color, not blur. Too many shadows as well.

Maybe Perth just happens to be a dark geographical place that isn't conducive to good color photos.

When I load them to the Panasonic softwear... the sharp ones are sharp..

Then I send them to paintshop pro (I need to update to raw processing) I send them there to sign, and size down, straighten horizons, get rid of noise if there is some and paintshop pro saves them in slightly less quality jpegs (that's what it tells me).... because image hosts won't take bitmaps or RAW either....It's something to do with less pixels per whatever...

The only way I could get around it is instead of taking big pictures, take small pictures. I take pictures to fit big screen TVs...

Tell me what this one looks like Bra1n please... It's had the horizon straightened, been signed, and downsized 35% and saved by paintshop pro...

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 06:20:52 PM »

Brain, does this look sharp to you?

Yes, it looks sharper but still - maybe 80 to 90% of that image is black pixels. Too much darkness unless you just enjoy looking at total blackness.

Here's a quick post production edit to eliminate most of the blackness and give it more vibrancy and color -

(click to show/hide)

You tell me if this looks better.

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • TRF's Flame Champion
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 06:42:51 PM »

Yes, it looks sharper but still - maybe 80 to 90% of that image is black pixels. Too much darkness unless you just enjoy looking at total blackness.

Here's a quick post production edit to eliminate most of the blackness and give it more vibrancy and color -

(click to show/hide)

You tell me if this looks better.

Cropping it is better... yes but that wasn't the question I was asking.... I left that space in that picture for a REASON... to chop a picture in it, like this...

Give me a bit of time and I'll find an American ladies pictures that she thought were fantastic but they were terrible and I thought it was because you might have different equipment or something in the USA....

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • TRF's Flame Champion
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 07:07:56 PM »

Actually I changed my mind. I'm not going to criticize that person... It's none of my business what she does.

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 08:19:01 PM »

Cropping it is better... yes but that wasn't the question I was asking.... I left that space in that picture for a REASON... to chop a picture in it, like this...

Yeah well, if you shop a big bright moon into it, that changes the entire complexion.

In that case the contrast between the dark sky and the bright moon is aesthetically pleasing.

But that's not what you posted originally. I was going on that.

Maybe you need to do a better job post production and work some filters but my typical phone pics with nothing more than Instagram filters are better quality in terms of color, brightness, contrast and vibrancy than your typical photos here.

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • TRF's Flame Champion
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2018, 08:41:31 PM »

Yeah well, if you shop a big bright moon into it, that changes the entire complexion.

In that case the contrast between the dark sky and the bright moon is aesthetically pleasing.

But that's not what you posted originally. I was going on that.

Maybe you need to do a better job post production and work some filters but my typical phone pics with nothing more than Instagram filters are better quality in terms of color, brightness, contrast and vibrancy than your typical photos here.

I just used that picture to ask if it was sharp, that is all. I wasn't putting it up an exhibit per se.

I take pictures of clouds because I am a storm chaser so when you see too much sky for instance, that's the actual reason...

I do not mind one bit if you question my pictures... if I think it's warranted, I'll take on your suggestions...

When I use a feature called, "distant scenery" it does darken my pictures and drives me bloody nuts. It makes my skies greyish when they're bright blue.

I might start taking smaller shots if I post them on here and see if that makes a difference. ... I have to downsize everything to fit them on forums... I TRY and compensate lossy by saturating 20%...

Here... you like my grape thieving friends... I'll never forget your girlfriend Dani accusing me about NOT having ravens at my place at Flame Champs... she obviously didn't have a clue about Oz and the abundance of urban wildlife we have.

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • TRF's Flame Champion
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 08:51:24 PM »

I've only just started posting pictures here with my new camera... you banned me for over a year remember?

ugh...

there is big difference between THEN and NOW.

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2018, 09:02:14 PM »

Great closeup shot of a raven. I love it.

I would try cropping some of the left side and centering it but the central target is excellent.

VC was likely trolling you to get you wound up. I dont think she knows the difference between a raven and a tit.

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • TRF's Flame Champion
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 09:25:13 PM »

Great closeup shot of a raven. I love it.

I would try cropping some of the left side and centering it but the central target is excellent.

VC was likely trolling you to get you wound up. I dont think she knows the difference between a raven and a tit.

I usually crop the birds as you suggest but in THIS instance, I left it wide to show the rain drops... it was raining... I'd never caught one while it was raining before. Actually, we blessedly got 120 mils in that 24 hour period and we haven't seen a drop since.

Here, have a cropped Hobby Falcon, a native Australian bird of prey.. And no, the colour isn't wrong, the grey behind it is a big fat cloud. Just so you know. ;)

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2018, 09:41:51 PM »

Wow that bird looks fucking huge!

I wouldn't want to get close to a wild falcon. Especially if it's near a nest!

Nice one..

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 09:46:08 PM »

If you want to see two badass bald eagles raising their recently hatched chicks, check out this feed during daylight hours in Florida -

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • TRF's Flame Champion
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2018, 09:55:15 PM »

Wow that bird looks fucking huge!

I wouldn't want to get close to a wild falcon. Especially if it's near a nest!

Nice one..

That the smallest of all falcons on the planet... They're not much bigger than a raven... I zoomed in and then cropped the shot...hence why you think it's big..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_hobby

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • TRF's Flame Champion
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2018, 10:01:04 PM »

If you want to see two badass bald eagles raising their recently hatched chicks, check out this feed during daylight hours in Florida -

That is live so it was night time...

I feel sorry for the birds. Light pollution stresses the animals.

I'll recheck tonight my time and see if I catch them feeding their chicks.... that will be interesting.

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2018, 10:08:36 PM »

That;s the 360 cam. Here is the main nest cam -

I dont believe they use visible light. It's infrared which is invisible to the eye but captured by the cameras.

Birds can't see IR light either.

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • TRF's Flame Champion
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2018, 10:15:08 PM »

The neighbours disused aeriel. I get EVERY bird in neighbourhood on it.... 3 species this time. All WA natives.

This is actual aerial that's two houses over and VERY high on top of the palm.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.394 seconds with 33 queries.