• October 22, 2018, 02:25:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY TRF!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11 clues that someone is more into you than you think when texting..  (Read 89 times)

plus minus reset

The MrsTopic starter

• tamám shud..
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • The Mrs embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Whats your story?100 Replies - Whats your story?100 Replies - Oi caskur...200 Replies - H.C.Trouble..100 Replies - H.C.Trouble..200 Replies - Why did flea retire...100 Replies - Why did flea retire...200 Replies - Who is TRs favourite Scapegoat?100 Replies - Who is TRs favourite Scapegoat?100 Replies - Bra1n..in case you were not aware..100 Replies - Why was flea banned?
  • #unbotheredbitch

According to experts and studies on this topic.

Be honest. How many hours have you spent trying to find the perfect thing to say when texting someone you like? If you just started talking to them, and aren't quite sure where things stand, figuring out the deeper meaning of their messages can start to feel like a part-time job — and one that's just the tiniest bit stressful.

There is good news, though. When someone's falling in love (or at least staring to like you) they might start texting in a way that reveals their true feelings. It's not an infallible system, by any means. But there are definitely a few texting habits people who have a crush on someone tend to have in common.

You just have to know what to look for, and how to read between the lines. "In person, there are many factors you can use to determine if someone likes you," certified counselor Jonathan Bennett tells Bustle. "This includes vocal tone, facial expressions, physical touch, and other body language indicators. Over text, however, you have to rely simply on another person’s typed words, which can be misinterpreted or misunderstood. Still, you can find signs of interest over text, including things like quick replies, genuine engagement, and being flirty rather than simply exchanging information."

These signs can be reassuring as you navigate those early days of dating. But don't hang your proverbial hat on them words for too long. "Take a risk IRL and ask this person out on a date," Chicago-based dating expert Stef Safran tells Bustle. That's where you can pick up on their facial expressions (which, again, are much easier to read). And it can even give you a chance to ask, straight up, "Hey, do you like me?" Here are a few signs they just may say yes, according to experts.

1. They Send Long, Detailed Texts

If the person in question writes a novel every time they text you, take it as a good sign. "People give their time and attention to what they like," says Bennett. "This is also true over text. If the person you text replies with multiple paragraphs and full sentences, it’s a good [they], at the very least, feel a connection to you." It might also mean you've become a priority in their life, and that they'd like to get know you more. (Wink wink.)

2.  Their Messages Are Engaging

This crush of yours should get bonus points if their texts are more than just one-sided recaps of their day, and instead have officially become engaging. "This means you do more than share facts and pass along information," Bennett says. "Instead, your texting conversations are deeper and meaningful and create a greater bond to each other."

3. They Reply Quickly

While some people have busy schedules and can't text back right away, it's a great sign if your possible-future-partner seems to be holding their phone, and eagerly awaiting your reply. "One of the surest signs someone likes you over text is a rapid response," Bennett says. "This shows that the other person is excited to receive your messages and wants to keep the conversation going. It demonstrates that answering you is a priority, even above and beyond other commitments."

4. They Start Using Sweet Names

If they slip in a cute name or two, go ahead and let yourself be thrilled. "Using pet names such as 'sweetie' or 'babe' are signs they are falling for you," NYC-based therapist Kimberly Hershenson, LMSW, tells Bustle. While the person in question shouldn't be doing this too early — you may not want any "hey babes" from a perfect stranger, for example — it can be a sweet sign, as you get to know each other better, that they're becoming just a little bit enamored.

5. They Throw In A Heart Emoji Or Two

Since it can take a lot of guts for someone with a crush to press that heart emoji, receiving one should pique your interest. "If they are sending a lot of hearts, kisses, or the smiley faces with heart eyes, it shows they are adding extra emphasis on sharing 'love,'" Rori Sassoon, premier matchmaker and CEO of PlatinumPoire, tells Bustle. Take it as the millennial sign of interest.

6. They Seem Concerned About You

Do they text to make sure you got home safely? "Obviously you can’t see facial expressions or hear tone when texting, but you can look at the actual words a person says, such as concern, to get a better idea of their feelings," Hershenson says. If they're starting to show signs of caring about your well-being, that's definitely a sign they're becoming invested.

7. They're Dishing Out The Compliments

As it goes with face-to-face interactions, Hershenson says to keep an ear out for compliments, too. They can be a pretty blatant sign someone is into you, and wants you to know it.

8. They acknowledge when they've dropped the ball.

"When someone follows through consistently with their promises — they contact you when they say they will, and if they forget, they actually acknowledge you — this can show that they really care about you and your feelings," says Safran. Do you wake up to an earnest apology text, if they weren't able to text you the night before? If so, consider it one of the first signs they may be a keeper.

9. They're Remembering Your Inside Jokes

If this person is falling for you, you'll likely start to develop inside jokes. And this'll show up in their texting style. "Each person may have their own 'style,' but when someone repeatedly seems to surprise you with new and different ways to send you emojis, or sends you message that you know are things that apply solely applyto you (inside jokes, special pictures, etc.), then you know ... they are thinking of you, a lot" Safran says. She says texts like these are basically a modern day love letter.

10. They Really Seem To Be Opening Up
If you seem to be one of the first people hearing about their good news, it could mean you guys are becoming close. "This shows that you could be 'the one' that they are turning to for validation," says Sassoon. And the same is true when they start turning to you when they're upset. "This shows that they really value your opinion," she says. "They feel close and intimate enough to you to share their vulnerable side. It is a sign of closeness. They are letting you into their world.

11. They Text First Thing In The Morning And Last Thing At Night
Waking up to "good morning" texts shows you were the first person they thought about when they woke up. And if you're receiving "goodnight" texts, well... that's a sign you're on their mind before they go to sleep.
Sasoon says these early morning and late-night texts are also a sign they're thinking of you during more intimate times of the day (like while they're relaxing in bed), and that's always a good sign.

If you notice any of these texting habits, and feel like you're hitting it off, experts say there's a good chance this person likes you more than you think. So enjoy their attention, text 'em back, and see where things go from there.

https://www.bustle.com/p/11-clues-that-someone-likes-you-more-than-you-think-based-on-how-they-text-you-7611321

Lems

• Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • Lems has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Lems has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Lems has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Lems has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Lems has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Lems has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Lems has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Lems has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Lems has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Lems has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Lems has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Lems has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Lems has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Lems has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Lems has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Lems has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Lems has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 300 Replies - Guess the TRF Couple200 Replies - Guess the TRF Couple100 Replies - Guess the TRF Couple100 Replies - Who the hell smited me 40 points?300 Replies - Scotch gives me a headache..200 Replies - Scotch gives me a headache..100 Replies - Scotch gives me a headache.. 100 Replies - Damaged PinkTRF Flame ChampionWin vs SirSuperSouthernWin - Seasons Beatings 2018100 Reply Thread - I love Bernie Sanders
  • Witch & Famous
Re: 11 clues that someone is more into you than you think when texting..
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 08:28:13 PM »

Whatever happened to courtship on the front porch swing?

Attention-whoring Drama Queen

• The Queen Bee
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 162
  • Attention-whoring Drama Queen has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Attention-whoring Drama Queen has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Attention-whoring Drama Queen has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Attention-whoring Drama Queen has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Attention-whoring Drama Queen has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Attention-whoring Drama Queen has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Attention-whoring Drama Queen has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Attention-whoring Drama Queen has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Attention-whoring Drama Queen has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Attention-whoring Drama Queen has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Attention-whoring Drama Queen has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Attention-whoring Drama Queen has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Attention-whoring Drama Queen has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Attention-whoring Drama Queen has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Attention-whoring Drama Queen has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Attention-whoring Drama Queen has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Attention-whoring Drama Queen has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - We need to stage an intervention..100 Replies - We need to stage an intervention..200 Replies - Dudes that get sensitive when you flame..100 Replies -  	Dudes that get sensitive when you flame..500 Replies - Take my name off the Coven300 Replies - Take my name off the Coven200 Replies - Take my name off the Coven100 Replies - Take my name off the Coven300 Replies - Bra1n, the web is talking200 Replies - Bra1n, the web is talking100 Replies - Bra1n, the web is talking 100 Replies - Caption This100 Replies - Make no mistake200 Replies - The voices are REAL100 Replies - The voices are REAL100 Replies - My Connecticut Babe300 Replies - I owe sum cunT an apology100 Replies - Open Discussion - rules on flaming kids100 Replies -  	I declare BEnzo to be the new King..200 Replies - I owe sum cunT an apology100 Replies - I owe sum cunT an apology200 Replies - The TRF definition of a good mother100 Replies - The TRF definition of a good mother100 Replies - Self Worth According to Stan100 Replies - Ugly Shaming EtiquetteTRF Flame ChampionWin - Cinco de Mayo Event200 Replies - The PI rule should apply to all100 Replies - The PI rule should apply to all200 Replies - Your favorite chops of all time100 Replies - Your favorite chops of all time100 Replies - The level of pussiness in this bitch is disgusting100 Replies - Why the fuck does that fat piece of..100 Replies - How did you look 18 years ago ?100 Replies - What are you doing today100 Replies - Hi Mike !100 Replies - Okay Bra1n100 Replies - Oh Nazi Faggot, you're projecting200 Replies - Men are shit100 Replies - Men are shit 200 Replies - My main reason for becoming a lesbian100 Replies - My main reason for becoming a lesbian100 Replies - CHEESEDICK100 Replies - How do I tell him..500 Replies - There was no fucking relationship300 Replies - There was no fucking relationship200 Replies - There was no fucking relationship100 Replies - There was no fucking relationship300 Replies - The FLEA IS TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH..200 Replies - The FLEA IS TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH..100 Replies - The FLEA IS TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH..100 Replies - The Freud Appreciation Thread100 Replies - The Beautiful People Thread200 Replies - The Queen is Retiring100 Replies - The who is FOS and who is honest thread100 Replies - The Queen is Retiring100 Replies - Wet Willy is a fucking weirdo200 Replies - Bra1n100 Replies - Bra1n200 Replies - FAT and UGLY Beast Women100 Replies - FAT and UGLY Beast Women300 Replies - Real Trolls Vs Struggling Wannabes200 Replies - Real Trolls Vs Struggling Wannabes100 Replies -Who wants to play Guess the Author100 Replies - Real Trolls V's Struggling Wannabe's200 Replies - Happy Fathers Day100 Replies - Happy Fathers Day300 Replies - The FLEA IS TOTALLY IN LOVE200 Replies - The FLEA IS TOTALLY IN LOVE100 Replies - The FLEA IS TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH ..100 Replies - There are certain rules women should live by100 Replies - Suck my big fat fucking tit100 Replies - So Im watching a stalker episode on..100 Replies - Embarrassing300 Reply - Commitment200 Reply - Commitment100 Reply - Commitment100 Reply - But Stan/ Ant, why you so mad ?200 Reply Thread - Team Scoundrel won100 Reply Thread - Team Scoundrel won100 Reply Thread - The types of whores200 Reply Thread - I dont bond with anyone100 Reply Thread - I dont bond with anyone100 Reply Thread - My main reason for becoming a lesbian100 Reply Thread - Serious Discussion100 Reply Thread - The father should be held responsible200 Reply Thread - Bra1n100 Reply Thread - Bra1n100 Reply Thread - Chin Check Time100 Reply Thread - Transvestites, pedophiles and..300+ Reply Thread - Atheists200+ Reply Thread - Atheists100+ Reply Thread - Atheists
  • #PrettyGang
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 01:54:40 PM »

The replying too quickly is a turn off

I love it when I’m made to want him more and more by him being a challenge

The MrsTopic starter

• tamám shud..
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • The Mrs embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Whats your story?100 Replies - Whats your story?100 Replies - Oi caskur...200 Replies - H.C.Trouble..100 Replies - H.C.Trouble..200 Replies - Why did flea retire...100 Replies - Why did flea retire...200 Replies - Who is TRs favourite Scapegoat?100 Replies - Who is TRs favourite Scapegoat?100 Replies - Bra1n..in case you were not aware..100 Replies - Why was flea banned?
  • #unbotheredbitch
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 06:07:22 AM »

The replying too quickly is a turn off

...even at the first start/stages of the relationship?

3. They Reply Quickly

While some people have busy schedules and can't text back right away, it's a great sign if your possible-future-partner seems to be holding their phone, and eagerly awaiting your reply. "One of the surest signs someone likes you over text is a rapid response," Bennett says. "This shows that the other person is excited to receive your messages and wants to keep the conversation going. It demonstrates that answering you is a priority, even above and beyond other commitments."

I could be wrong...but I'm  thinking the above quote may be referring to when the relationship is fresh and new..?

Wouldn't it make you think " wtf "? - If you have only been texting with someone for a day or two and they all sudden went MIA and took ages to reply?

I know I would think they're really not that keen in the first place.

However, once both are established in a relationship, ( which the above doesn't cover logically ) it makes perfect sense, that both have RL commitments and the texting slows down to when one is available to reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.521 seconds with 33 queries.