• October 22, 2018, 02:01:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY TRF!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Mandela Effect.  (Read 66 times)

plus minus reset

suspect packageTopic starter

• Lictor
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • suspect package probably just rolled in here.
The Mandela Effect.
« on: August 12, 2018, 12:45:51 PM »

What do we make of it? Is it just a case of a mass misremembering of an event. Or something a lot more fanciful such as parallel universes's.

There's no doubt a whole lot of people subscribe to idea of it being real. I myself have a couple of examples of it that I find hard to get my head round. The first being the Queen song " We are the Champions" Now I'll swear to my dying day that chorus ended like this - "“No time for losers, ’cause we are the champions of the world" But no, it doesn't end that way it in fact ends with "“No time for losers, ’cause we are the champions" minus the "of the world" lyric. It's completely unfathomable to me, I must have heard the song a hundred times so how can it that be the case.

The second example is the Monopoly Man always wore a monocle as far as I was concerned, but again, he has never, ever worn one. Looking at the cover of the board game he just looks wrong without him wearing a monocle, but it was never that case.

So I don't know - it's a fascinating subject, with many, many other examples out there that thousands, if not millions of people remember differently to what is actually fact.

Any examples you guys & girls got? Do you think it's nonsense or might there actually be something to it.

The Wise and Powerful

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • The Wise and Powerful has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Wise and Powerful has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Wise and Powerful has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Wise and Powerful has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Wise and Powerful has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Wise and Powerful has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Wise and Powerful has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Wise and Powerful has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Wise and Powerful has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Wise and Powerful has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Wise and Powerful has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Wise and Powerful has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Wise and Powerful has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Wise and Powerful has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Wise and Powerful has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Wise and Powerful has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Wise and Powerful has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - BRA1Ns Trip To Europe100 Replies - Whats Your Next Move??100 Replies - FLEA IS THE QUEEN!!!200 Replies - Australian Feminists Lose Their Minds Over..100 Replies - FoxMulders Kitchen100 Replies - Australian Feminists Lose Their Minds Over..100 Replies - Cookie OUTED?!?!?!?300 Replies - Lemon Went Shopping200 Replies - Lemon Went Shopping100 Replies - Lemon Went Shopping300 Replies - ATTN: Cunt Wranglers200 Replies - ATTN: Cunt Wranglers100 Replies - ATTN: Cunt Wranglers100 Replies - Good Riddance ???Win vs Blandscape 200 Replies - The Onslaught Has Begun100 Replies - The Onslaught Has Begun100 Replies - Presenting Sara (Lady Magdalene)100 Replies - GUESSING GAME 100 Replies - Lets Go Medieval On DrGoats100 Replies - Shooter Lived In BRA1Ns City100 Reply Thread - CLUSTERFUCK100 Reply Thread - Flame Town Adventures
  • OOTIKOF
    • Flame Links
Re: The Mandela Effect.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 12:54:11 PM »

This effect, I will have to ponder upon. A lot.

https://youtu.be/kN_qT6V5CIg

Quote from: Cardtrick

I suspect that the three x-men between them couldn't handle even OBI in a match.
That would be interesting - Obi vs. Oranje, LoCo and Duke.

The Mrs

• tamám shud..
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • The Mrs embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Whats your story?100 Replies - Whats your story?100 Replies - Oi caskur...200 Replies - H.C.Trouble..100 Replies - H.C.Trouble..200 Replies - Why did flea retire...100 Replies - Why did flea retire...200 Replies - Who is TRs favourite Scapegoat?100 Replies - Who is TRs favourite Scapegoat?100 Replies - Bra1n..in case you were not aware..100 Replies - Why was flea banned?
  • #unbotheredbitch
Re: The Mandela Effect.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 07:09:09 AM »

What do we make of it? Is it just a case of a mass misremembering of an event. Or something a lot more fanciful such as parallel universes's.

There's no doubt a whole lot of people subscribe to idea of it being real. I myself have a couple of examples of it that I find hard to get my head round. The first being the Queen song " We are the Champions" Now I'll swear to my dying day that chorus ended like this - "“No time for losers, ’cause we are the champions of the world" But no, it doesn't end that way it in fact ends with "“No time for losers, ’cause we are the champions" minus the "of the world" lyric. It's completely unfathomable to me, I must have heard the song a hundred times so how can it that be the case.

It's said twice in the song " No time for losers 'cause we are the champions of the world "

However yes you're right it doesn't end that way.

It just says " we are the champions "

I personally, have only ever heard the end part as " cause we are the champions "

Why you have heard it as " cause we are the champions of the world " - is an indication of how your brain works.

Why? - no idea.

The second example is the Monopoly Man always wore a monocle as far as I was concerned, but again, he has never, ever worn one. Looking at the cover of the board game he just looks wrong without him wearing a monocle, but it was never that case.

I also thought the monopoly man wore a monocle - and up until now I've never thought about it being any different...again it would come back to how ones brain works.

Why? - no idea.

So I don't know - it's a fascinating subject, with many, many other examples out there that thousands, if not millions of people remember differently to what is actually fact.

Absolutely!

Example:  A robbery takes place at service station and there are 3 people who witnessed the actual event.

One might say " he was 5'9 with olive skin, long black hair, wearing blue jeans and a black hoodie "

Another might say : " he was Asian with long black hair, had on a pair of jeans and a navy blue sweater with a black beanie "

Then someone else might say : It was definitely a female she had long black hair - she was tall, wearing jeans and had a black back pack."

All three people witnessed the same event and yet all three remember things differently.

Why the mind can see things differently to actual fact/s is a mystery.

It is a fascinating topic.

Personally, the only conclusion I can think of is that all people are wired differently, and this will effect one's outlook on/in different scenarios.

Maybe it's all solely based on ones experiences in life which then somehow effects ones ability to mentally judge/record actual facts?

- Just a thought.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.326 seconds with 35 queries.