ThirdRailForum

• November 24, 2017, 09:58:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Holiday Tipping  (Read 1801 times)

plus minus reset

princess of ptTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
Holiday Tipping
« on: December 07, 2008, 10:05:33 AM »

Do you tip during the holidays?

Generally, I tip my hairdresser, my waxer, the mailman, the garbage men, and my landscaper. I also send a basket to my office, a basket to any doctors who take care of my children regularly, and a basket to the schools. sometimes i send one to the dealership who services my car if i've been in recently.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 217
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
Re: Holiday Tipping
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 12:23:53 PM »

Very little. Always tip barber and good resteraunts.

Watching this clip reminded me of you.lolz

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 390
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 12:59:04 PM »

the garbage men, and my landscaper.

That's nice. Im sure they'll remember you when they think about the owner with spare cash to piss away when thinking about which house to hit.

:uhuh:
Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 01:13:37 PM »

Bra1n! haha

I don't tip anyone as a holiday present. They get paid to do their job. I have kids to pay for. Sounds mean, but I would go broke if I paid everyone extra on the holidays plus bought gifts for family and friends.  I think its a retarded rule.

• Senatore
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 02:23:25 PM »

Very little. Always tip barber and good resteraunts.

Watching this clip reminded me of you.lolz

vid no longer avail.

• Senatore
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 02:31:43 PM »

That's nice. Im sure they'll remember you when they think about the owner with spare cash to piss away when thinking about which house to hit.

:uhuh:

:vc: nah, i've used the same landscaper for like 6 years, if he was going to knock over my house he would have already. i tip his guys when they come and shovel too.

usually when i remit my bill to the recycle/refuse company this time of year, i send it in a holiday card with a tip "for the guys". i look at it as a preemptive strike, plus i don't usually separate my cans, from the plastic or the newspapers and they do it for me, so i think tipping them is appropriate.

i think any sort of back breaking work deserves a tip, especially when you know the people probably make very little money.

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 390
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 02:35:10 PM »

Tell you what, let me handle your waxing needs and I"LL TIP YOU!  :vc:
Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

• Senatore
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 02:39:33 PM »

deal!  :monkeysex:

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 03:35:09 PM »

I tip the waxer and the nail chicks (even though they're bitches and talk about me in Vietnamese when I'm there), the garbage man and the mail man. That's about it. I don't have a landscaper anymore but when I did, I didn't really tip for the holidays because we stopped using them at the end of October and didn't resume service til early March.  And I paid them an arm and a leg to keep up with my neighbors so fuck that.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

• Senatore
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 06:44:44 PM »

i stopped using my landscaper for mowing and just use him for fall/spring cleanup and plowing/shoveling. i find that the better you tip people you have routine dealings with, the better the job gets done. for instance, when i order out. i tip the kid 20% and our delivery is always there in like 20 minutes. when its a different kid than i usually have, i notice it takes longer and with my mailman, if there are magazines and a bunch of stuff like there usually is (i'm a catalog whore), he'll bring it right to my door and ring the bell for me. i can always tell when he is on vacation because my mail is literally crammed in my box and all wrinkled up.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 09:21:52 AM »

Well yeah, as far as delivery service and things like that, I tip well all year. Because aside from the fact that it (usually) ensures better service, people like cab drivers, waitresses and delivery kids depend on their tips to make a living. They get a shitty base pay. I waitressed on weekends in a little Itailan restaurant on Mulberry St. when I was in college, so I know what that's like.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Lrd. Greymure

• Quaestor
  • Lrd. Greymure probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 03:48:25 PM »

I have been known to tip the kitchen staff since they are the ones who really do the work. No one comes out to a restaurant for the "good waiters" they come out for the food.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 07:31:06 PM »

I have been known to tip the kitchen staff since they are the ones who really do the work. No one comes out to a restaurant for the "good waiters" they come out for the food.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.  And when the "kitchen staff" fucks up royally, who takes the abuse? That would be the.....WAITSTAFF. :hammer:

Lrd. Greymure

• Quaestor
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 08:46:50 PM »

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.  And when the "kitchen staff" fucks up royally, who takes the abuse? That would be the.....WAITSTAFF. :hammer:

I have also been known to ask for the chef if the food is gross. Anyway it is the waitstaffs fault if bad food goes out, they should know their food well enough. If you won't eat it don't serve it.That's where PROFESSIONALISM comes in. example... a well done steak cooked in ten minutes is going to be med rare. KNow your ticket times.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 09:46:12 PM »

I would hate to work for you.

Lrd. Greymure

• Quaestor
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 09:58:13 PM »

Well the question really is "Would I hire you?"

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 08:23:39 AM »

Well the question really is "Would I hire you?"

'course you would. AND you'd let me pretty much do nothing and pay me for it. ::)

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Liverpool FC, Healthy food, Free Healthcare
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
  • Breaking the hearts of spammers since 2000
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 11:21:59 AM »

Do you tip during the holidays?

Generally, I tip my waxer and my landscaper.

Isn't that the same job? :shrug:
Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

That, of course, depends on who you ask around here.

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

Lrd. Greymure

• Quaestor
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 08:25:45 PM »

MY HERO

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 09:06:53 AM »

That man scares me more than Rob Zombie. I'd be afraid to eat in his restaurant, like I'd order the wrong combination of food and he'd start yelling at me.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.512 seconds with 37 queries.