ThirdRailForum

• February 23, 2018, 06:49:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: Flametown : past it's used by date?  (Read 31281 times)

plus minus reset

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
Re: Flametown : past it's used by date?
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2008, 03:24:32 PM »

This forum brought to you by Bra1n's posts:

"Bra1n's posts...you'll wish you didn't have to read his self-aggrandizing bullshit in every line"

You must be one of Brian's stalker..yeah?
How about telling us what you think instead of what you think of us? 
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2008, 03:54:10 PM »

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2008, 03:59:09 PM »

I'm guessing you had to clip both your toy poodles to collect enough fluff to post that masterful lame?  :sad:

The value of that post may go down as well as up, we guarantee that no animals were harmed in the making of that post  :wheelchair:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2008, 04:03:31 PM »

Well said luv  :snack:

The thing that fucking gets me though is the fact that I've been stalking Brian for fucking years, you'd think that by now I'd have some sort of hierarchical top slot in the saddo Brian stalker pecking order.

Fucking Johnny come lately's  :hammer:

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 220
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - The Perfect Photo100 Replies - The Perfect Photo100 Replies - Hey Benzover200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2008, 04:10:05 PM »

No point in stalking Bra1n, hes paranoid to beleive that you are stalking him anyway. If you dont respond to one of his posts for a few days he starts wondering if you have some grudge or vendetta against him.

Jonkeybzaz

• Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Jonkeybzaz is a tedious twat.
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2008, 05:05:42 PM »

You must be an irritating bitch that doesn't know when to shut the fuck up about karma or anything else...yeah?

How about you keep your dumbass assumptions to yourself instead of posting them?

If you really think making 1 post to Bra1n labels me a stalker, then you're stalking me right now. And I'm stalking you. And everyone who's reading anyone else's posts and has ever responded to them is sitting outside their respective stalkee's house in the bushes with a cum rag and a bottle of Jergens while they do so.

Idiot.

Oh, and Scoundrel, it's a good thing I have those toy poodles. They keep miniature maltese bitches like you away from my ankles.

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2008, 06:36:20 PM »

You must be an irritating bitch that doesn't know when to shut the fuck up about karma or anything else...yeah?

How about you keep your dumbass assumptions to yourself instead of posting them?

If you really think making 1 post to Bra1n labels me a stalker, then you're stalking me right now. And I'm stalking you. And everyone who's reading anyone else's posts and has ever responded to them is sitting outside their respective stalkee's house in the bushes with a cum rag and a bottle of Jergens while they do so.

Idiot.

Oh, and Scoundrel, it's a good thing I have those toy poodles. They keep miniature maltese bitches like you away from my ankles.

Flame  :hide:

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Liverpool FC, Healthy food, Free Healthcare
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
  • Breaking the hearts of spammers since 2000
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2008, 06:55:41 PM »

Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

That, of course, depends on who you ask around here.

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2008, 07:24:17 PM »

Where?  :confused:

You need to get with the program son, you got flamed, someone even got called a "dumbass"...I'd check to see who but its fucking carnage out there and to be honest I'm more than a little bit skeered.

Tea anyone ?  :confused:

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 393
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2008, 07:33:58 PM »

I really love all you guys but if youre going to flame someone please remember to related it to the thread and at least give a reason as to why you think the post or quote was flame worthy.* 

Trix, where have you been since I eliminated you from the playoffs, buddy? Good to see you.

*(this post is dedicated to Dani) :vc:
Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2008, 08:18:15 PM »

I really love all you guys but if youre going to flame someone please remember to related it to the thread and at least give a reason as to why you think the post or quote was flame worthy.* 

Trix, where have you been since I eliminated you from the playoffs, buddy? Good to see you.

*(this post is dedicated to Dani) :vc:

Ex fucking squeeze me but this is a thread about Shametown, fuck me sideways for thinking that some degree of random flaming would be involved  :hammer:

Anyway, I was somewhat disparaging to poster "D" because he bad mouthed me for saying that Blametown peaked when Temple started power flaming people without the aid of a spellchecker.

:wheelchair:

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2008, 08:34:07 PM »

I wasn't singling you out, deb. I was just making a friendly reminder to everyone starting from donkeyjizz's post. I know that some people love to celebrate my assigned character flaws and perceived penchant for self-aggrandizement but let's keep things on topic instead of just quoting posts and responding with our favorite lametown lames.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2008, 08:37:56 PM »

Fair enough, but I stopped taking you seriously about.......

donkeyjizz's

....there  :rotf:

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Liverpool FC, Healthy food, Free Healthcare
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
  • Breaking the hearts of spammers since 2000
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2008, 10:04:59 PM »

You need to get with the program son, you got flamed,

Doh! My bad.

I just thought it was some knuckle dragging muscle Mary who'd slipped past Dev's security detail on its way to the psyche ward spouting off irrelevant shite in totally the wrong place.

But you say it was flaming eh? Fair enough, i'll take it under advisement.

Anyway, on the actual topic here it seems pretty obvious that FT is in dire need of an undertaker.

FC has allowed itself to be killed off by the mods and admins not banning Caskur who spammed every single thread to a point where it became painful to read. BH is the least funny half hour you can put yourself through without reaching for the Des O'Connor Betamax collection and F4$ is as dead as week old roadkill.

The rest of the boards have never been anything more than small collectives of online aquaintances having a laugh and i believe that leads us to where we are here.

I think this kind of board is the result of a sort of Darwinian natural selection process that shows the only future for something that is far past its sell by date.

Of course individuals and possibly small groups of flamers will continue to troll other sites for amusement but i really do believe that Flametown as such is on life support with a big finger hovering over the switch.
Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

That, of course, depends on who you ask around here.

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2008, 01:41:26 AM »

Let me ask you guys something. Rudey has told me that he isnt sure if he will continue FC past 12/31 and now he has also publicly stated it on our fantasy football board.

What do you guys think will become of the mythical FT if FC doesnt come back? Is this the beginning of the end? There are other minor boards with a ripple of traffic but let's be serious, none of those boards are going to get to the position in popularity that FC and Bawk Hall once enjoyed in recent times.

That will leave Bawk Mall as the only major board in the game though i shudder to compare them with FC, F4$ and some others due to all the nerdish reg stuff, their preadolescent coveting of flaming skull gifs and their junior high-esque preoccupation with interboard domination.

Anyways, I cant help but to think of Vince Mcmahon killing pro wrestling after his competitors folded. Now, it's either the WWE or some second rate crap if want to watch pro wrestling which is why i havent watched it in over 5 years. Same thing with the UFC after Pride folded. Either you watch Dana White's made for TV fighters in order to see one or two good world class fighters in a pay per view or you watch some other shit that isnt even of a tv schedule.

Either you play at Bawk Mall or languish in some obscure hole in the wall if you wish to continue posting in that kind forum. Maybe someone will start another forum or maybe Rudely will decide to continue but in either case, it's not a good sign as to the state of things in funky flame town.

What do you all think? Is this the end of an era? Do you want to see FC come back? Would you support a new forum? Would you post more at Bawk Mall or some other forum like f4$ and tdt? Or do you want to see it all die?

Contestation

• You think?
  • Censor
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Contestation probably just rolled in here.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The American Health system100+ Reply Thread - Addiction is it a disease
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2008, 03:46:42 PM »

FC hit its used by date and Rudy doesnt have the strength or ability to bring it back to life.

I doubt that it will end Lame Town and like it or not Bra1n, lamers will migrate to boards like this and flame. All you can do is try and control the lames as you are now. IMO you are on the right track and this board or a variant of it can handle both debate and flaming if handled correctly.

Keeping the likes of TWaP from becoming a Mod will go a long way in keeping this place from the death that FC has suffered. Over moderation and pig headed ignorance kills boards.

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2008, 04:39:29 PM »

I doubt that it will end Lame Town and like it or not Bra1n, lamers will migrate to boards like this and flame. All you can do is try and control the lames as you are now. IMO you are on the right track and this board or a variant of it can handle both debate and flaming if handled correctly.

Keeping the likes of TWaP from becoming a Mod will go a long way in keeping this place from the death that FC has suffered. Over moderation and pig headed ignorance kills boards.

Well Im surpised to hear those somewhat encouraging words coming from you but I appreciate that. Im sure you didn't mean them to be positive.   :lol:

But I have to say, I agree with the tone of Scoundrel and you in that this format is somewhat of a natural evolution of flame boards. The wit and fun of flaming people is still preserved but reigned in under control so that it does not turn into a highly personal, war of insults devoid of any substance that others cannot participate in a meaningful discussion in.

I wrote about this many times starting over a year ago at FC but finally I decided to take matters into my hands and just break away from that scene after concluding that there was no hope for change. Almost 2 years ago I wrote in the FC blog that if I had my way, I would have banned all the Temples, ladrs, Pickles and other fuckwits who didn't contribute anything of value to the forum but then again, if had the power to do that, where would it stop? There would be a mutiny by posters every month telling me to ban this lamer or that troll and we would have been left with only a handful of people who for the most part all got along.

In the end, i think the best thing was not to ban people for being useless drags at flame forums but to evolve the flame forum itself into something like this where those people will not be able to hang nor have the capacity to engage in intelligent discussions in. They are naturally weeded out by the content.

I agree with Cons that some lamers will migrate to this and other boards and flame but at least here, they will have to adapt it to a higher intellectual plane than something like "Why Ice Princess smells of Troll Shit" or not last long. Trolls like the flame forum poster who thought it would be funny to register here as Issa the Taxi Driver and make every thread about disparaging Jews will be summarily stomped without any fanfare. I can't say for sure that everyone will be instantly vanquished because i tend to give people second chances and the benefit of the doubt but however you want to characterize this place, it is much less troll friendly and lamer friendly than the other flame venues.

It's hard to balance free speech and freedom of expression with modding and muting trolls and flames that go overboard but D1 and I (and any other future mod) will always try to do what is best for the board. A lot of this is new to me too because I havent had to deal before with warning people about flaming each other too much but i think as time goes on, more people will get the hang of it and be able to figure it out for themselves when things are getting too hot.

The main thing is having a core group of people who are capable and willing to discuss and debate ideas and thick skinned enough to not be offended whenever someone insults them for something they said. I think we have that already.

Contestation

• You think?
  • Censor
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The American Health system100+ Reply Thread - Addiction is it a disease
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2008, 04:49:29 PM »

Well Im surpised to hear those somewhat encouraging words coming from you but I appreciate that. Im sure you didn't mean them to be positive.   :lol:

Well shock fucking horror. I did

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2008, 09:50:05 PM »

Contrary to expressed beliefs and the pseudo-innocuous commentary, I did not consciously choose to abstain from posting here because I am "fragile", got my "feelings hurt", or was "pissed at the board". I chose to do so out of a sort of exasperation.

As most of you have observed and who are privy to my past persona, I'm anything but fragile, nor am I one who shies away from a fight no matter how trivial. Being part of the "flame game" for nearly 10 years, I'm a troll/flamer first and foremost. You could even say it's in my blood and instinctual at this point. In the past, anything anyone has had to say to me or about me on flame boards was never construed as offensive, nor did ever I find myself truly insulted. Especially with the proclivity most flamers have for the mundane and in considering the socially maladjusted sources.

Which leads me to an unprecedented public explanation for my actions/reactions. As I explained previously when this board was first established, I grew quite fatigued with the same shit different day scenario's that consistently played out in the flame game, the negativity of it all, and just the overall moronic mentality of a handful of "players". FC grew stagnant for me, as did the majority of pointless posts that were made there and as Brian has previously stated, there are only so many ways you can insult someone.

I really grew to enjoy the debate concept of the Coal's board and after expressing my growing disdain for the "game" to Brian, we discussed establishing our own board where as Brian so eloquently put it in his mission statement (which i cant seem to locate at the moment)

"The subject of the thread is a topic of general interest, not some other poster. You can take a thread at face value and don't have to care about whether someone is trolling or not and looking bad because you responded to it. All you need to do is express a position about something and if someone else is attacking yours or asserting something incredibly stupid, then you can personally attack them while showing why he or she and their position are stupid."

In my opinion, unless the person you're having an exchange with is obstinate, belligerent, or just plain retarded and doesn't get the point; there is no reason people need to actively seek to insult each other during an adult themed debate just to make a point. Ridiculing another's opinion is one thing, but insisting someone is ignorant or an idiot for having that specific opinion without justifying why you feel that way, just negates the purpose of the board and turns it into another run of the mill flame forum. After all, spewing empty insults just because you don't care for someone or their opinion or both, is the basis for your typical flame tactic. Explaining just why you disagree or providing examples for why you don't identify with another persons insight is what debating is all about and sometimes pointing out someone is behaving like a fucking asshole while doing so, is a given.

I've had quite a handful of off-board exchanges with many of you since I ceased activity here and I would firstly like to thank you for your comments, concerns, and opinions before I proceed. One of my many exchanges was with Brian and we discussed in great length my mod behavior and my reactions. I agree I went about my responsibilities a bit over zealously and perhaps with a bit of bias, however I don't feel my actions were totally unjust.

My reasoning is as follows; When Brian and I were throwing around the concept of a debate forum and actually establishing the board before inviting anyone to participate, we discussed how we intended to moderate it and how to deter trolls and people whose only objective was to be disruptive or instigate trouble aimlessly. We also compiled a set of rules we both agreed on and established some guidelines for posters to adhere to.

One of those rules was that flametown bullshit was to be left at the door.

As an aside for a segment of members, TTR has deliberately been established as a separate entity from "Flametown". Thus, "Flametown" behaviors, antics, and debauchery will neither be acceptable or tolerated without consequences and possible expulsion from the community.

Additionally, retaliatory actions or exchanges between TTR members who are also "Flametown" affiliates or any exchanges surrounding "Flametown" politics will not be allowed or entertained. If you have a personal grudge against a specific poster, keep it limited to "Flametown" forums as this site is officially severed from such foolishness.

I myself broke this rule by addressing a post in the Spin to Cardy. I was moved to do so because I privately extended an invite to her to join the board and expressed that we really wanted to move on from the "game" and its antics. Instead of declining the invite and moving on like any other reasonable adult who wasn't interested would have, oddly enough she took the opportunity to lurk the board and munge posts to drag back to flametown. I found the behavior disagreeable, but realized afterward that Brian and loony were 100% right, she was just trolling.

Which leads me to exactly why I chose to mod "Contestation" and feel my action was just even though I chose the wrong way to go about it. On top of the fact that at that time, the majority of his activity was limited to picking petty fights with posters in a recipe thread of all places, he decided to drag flametown business into the fray by gimping after me into Per's debate thread and stating something relative to me and the posting of PI in flametown. I noticed he seems to be hung up on this notion as he has even decided it necessary to try and rehash that same old flame politic, with the same old commentary in this very thread. I also noticed nobody entertained his crap as you all must be tired of rehashing the same shit different day stuff as well.

Aside from that played out bullshit, what most of you aren't aware of is that having been friendly with him in the past and sharing my own "PI" with him about a relationship I was involved in, which really isn't any sort of secret amongst those I've grown close with, nor is it anything I'm even remotely ashamed of; "Contestation" began the seemingly innocuous "adultery thread".

Beside wanting to appear to start a topic that was controversial or would generate active discussion, like the rest of us tend to do here, I ardently believe the underlying motive for the thread was to try and instigate a reaction from me. The thread itself is fine, I see it has generated legitimate discussion which is great for the board. However, the motive was transparent to me and I found it petty and childish and no different than the actions or the lackluster mentalities you would encounter on a flame board like FC.

It occurred to me at that moment that regardless of what rules we put in place or what direction we tried to maintain with the board, people with those huge flame game lame chips on their shoulder, who refuse to set the game aside and converse like adults, were going to continue to be a barrier here for me and with my penchant to reply to everything thrown in my direction, the likelihood of escaping those ridiculously vindictive behaviors in order for me to not behave/react hypocritically and to learn and grow to set a proper example for the rest of the posters here, was going to be sort of an arduous task for me.

I liken it to a person who really wants to quit smoking cigarettes, being in a room full of smokers. As much as I really enjoy the majority of you and find you witty and interesting, as well as competent and intriguing- as I extended personal invites to you all for just those reasons; I'd rather not continually find myself challenged to react on my old flametown impulses or have to be hyper aware of my every move while posting here (or anywhere else for that matter) just because there is a bad apple in the mix who can't seem to let the same old flametown shit die.

There is a reason FC and the majority of flametown as we know it is dead or dying and many of you have touched on those reasons adequately in this thread, but I believe it's the redundancy that is killing it.

That said, as I mentioned, Brian and I have discussed this at great length. As we can't seem to totally appreciate each others POV's for some reason and I am currently inundated with 6 credentialing courses pertaining to the firmament of my career, I've decided at this time to take a bit of a break.

Hopefully, if and when I decide to return, anyone who needs the "benefit of the doubt" will have gotten over their flametown tendencies, the flametown bug will have left my system, all threads pertaining to such idiocy will have sunk a few pages, the board will be back on track and more conducive to what Brian and I originally planned it to be, and I will have more time to participate here and contribute to other debate sites to foster us up some new blood to debate with.

I hope you ALL have great holidays and wish you the very best!! Maybe I'll see you next year!!

:vc: dani

Contestation

• You think?
  • Censor
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2008, 10:11:16 PM »

I never once mentioned you in that thread Dani and although it may have relevance to your personal life. It was something that a good friend of mine had discussed with me recently.

It may come as a huge surprise to you, but not everything is about you. Get over yourself.

Have a great Christmas and New Year  :rudolp:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28   Go Up

Page created in 0.492 seconds with 40 queries.