ThirdRailForum

• November 24, 2017, 09:59:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sex offenders  (Read 3940 times)

plus minus reset

FipronilaTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
Sex offenders
« on: December 22, 2008, 11:57:16 PM »

Something I posted somewhere else prompted from the Michael Jackson story about him being sick and someone else saying he reaps what he sows kinda thing - well it got me a little irritated. Someone asked what I REALLY thought so I said ....

Oh really? well.. I *really* feel that fucking douchebag selfish jerkwads who think they are above the law enough to ruin other people's lives by stealing their childhoods just so they can fucking get off for a minute are horrible vile monsters and need to fucking die. There is no place on earth that can rehabilitate them and I have zero sympathy for them. I hope they are tortured and fucking die. ANY sex offender needs to be off the fucking streets so it's safe for people. Case in fucking point - http://news.yahoo.com/s/a.../ap_on_re_us/lesbian_rape

It's not just pedophiles it's all sex crimes - they are a horrible violation and ruin the person's ability to lead a normal life. Yes they can get therapy etc but they are changed for ever and it's wrong.

Do you believe sex offenders can be rehabilitated? I'm sorry if this should be in the third rail forum. I don't know if this is even debatable. Someone change my mind and tell me these fuckers are human because I can't see it.

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 390
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
Re: Sex offenders
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 01:53:56 AM »

That reminds me about Michael Jackson Southpark episode i just watched last week. It's so f'n funny...

<a href="http://media.mtvnservices.com/video/player.swf?uri=mgid:cms:content:southparkstudios.com:103885&amp;group=entertainment&amp;type=network&amp;ref=http%3a%2f%2fwww.southparkstudios.com%2fepisodes%2f103885%2f&amp;geo=US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://media.mtvnservices.com/video/player.swf?uri=mgid:cms:content:southparkstudios.com:103885&amp;group=entertainment&amp;type=network&amp;ref=http%3a%2f%2fwww.southparkstudios.com%2fepisodes%2f103885%2f&amp;geo=US</a>

"noo, that's ignorant!"  :lmao:

But to answer the question, no, i dont think most of those people can be rehabilitated as demonstrated by Chris Hansen on To Catch a Predator and all the people who keep getting busted for the same crime.
Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 09:37:57 AM »

Okay what the hell, every time I click that link it tells me the can't find http://news.yahoo.com/s/a.../ap_on_re_us/lesbian_rap. I even put the "e" in manually and I still get the same thing.

It's probably just as well, because I don't really need to read another child molestation story.

No, I do NOT believe that child molesters or any other sex offenders can be "rehabilitated." The reason I believe this is that in most instances of forcible rape, sex is not the issue, power is. The offender wants to dominate their victim. So even castration (chemical or with a blunt knife coated in salt) doesn't work, because sex is the weapon in these cases and the offender will just find another weapon to use.

I don't believe in the death penalty, but child predators make it especially difficult for me to stand by my convictions on that subject. Barring execution, any fucker who is found guilty of a sex crime, especially against a child, should be locked away forever and studied like a fucking lab rat. Also, they should be subjected daily to the kind of humiliation and degradation they have inflicted on their victim(s). They certainly should not be offered a chance to fuck up another life.

As Fippi said, these "people" rob children of their childhoods, and no amount of therapy will entirely help the victim get over that. They grow up fearing any kind of sexual contact or intimacy, they have trouble forming stable relationships, and as an added bonus, a child who is abused in ANY fashion stands a greater risk of growing up to become an abuser themselves.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 293
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 02:03:08 PM »

That reminds me about Michael Jackson Southpark episode i just watched last week. It's so f'n funny...

<a href="http://media.mtvnservices.com/video/player.swf?uri=mgid:cms:content:southparkstudios.com:103885&amp;group=entertainment&amp;type=network&amp;ref=http%3a%2f%2fwww.southparkstudios.com%2fepisodes%2f103885%2f&amp;geo=US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://media.mtvnservices.com/video/player.swf?uri=mgid:cms:content:southparkstudios.com:103885&amp;group=entertainment&amp;type=network&amp;ref=http%3a%2f%2fwww.southparkstudios.com%2fepisodes%2f103885%2f&amp;geo=US</a>

OMFG!

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 07:56:12 AM »

Quote from: Fipronila
It's not just pedophiles it's all sex crimes - they are a horrible violation and ruin the person's ability to lead a normal life. Yes they can get therapy etc but they are changed for ever and it's wrong.
I agree with you 100%.  Yes a rapist will serve their time, and get state funded rehabilitation, but what about the victim, there is no rehabilitation for them, unless it is paid by their insurance (which is usually not covered).  The victim lives with this for their entire life, a criminal, just until their next crime..then they backpedal (oh woe is me) and it starts all over again.
Quote from: Persephone
In most instances of forcible rape, sex is not the issue, power is. The offender wants to dominate their victim. So even castration (chemical or with a blunt knife coated in salt) doesn't work, because sex is the weapon in these cases and the offender will just find another weapon to use.
I too agree that castration is a non-issue when it comes to rape of any kind..these are rapes that are not for pleasure, but for dominance, and that is something that cannot be cured (I can link as many psychological sites as you want, but it has been proven to be a fact).  The recidivism rate for rape (of any kind) is astronomical..up there with drug abusers.
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 08:28:20 AM »

I agree with you 100%.  Yes a rapist will serve their time, and get state funded rehabilitation, but what about the victim, there is no rehabilitation for them, unless it is paid by their insurance (which is usually not covered).  The victim lives with this for their entire life, a criminal, just until their next crime..then they backpedal (oh woe is me) and it starts all over again. I too agree that castration is a non-issue when it comes to rape of any kind..these are rapes that are not for pleasure, but for dominance, and that is something that cannot be cured (I can link as many psychological sites as you want, but it has been proven to be a fact).  The recidivism rate for rape (of any kind) is astronomical..up there with drug abusers.

I agree, with a minor exception - drug abusers can and do recover if they actively maintain their abstinence and do what they need to do to stay clean. I know many,many addicts both in AA and NA, who have been clean and sober for 30 years or more. But addiction and alcoholism are treatable diseases (the AMA thinks so anyway); there has never been a successful case of rehabilitating a rapist or pedophile.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Deviouz1

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 09:48:27 AM »

Do you believe sex offenders can be rehabilitated?

i would argue that some dont even need to be "rehabilitated".

I'm sorry if this should be in the third rail forum. I don't know if this is even debatable.

of course it is. damn near anything is debatable.

Someone change my mind and tell me these fuckers are human because I can't see it.

i cant say that the majority are, however circumstances sometimes work against "humans" and some people get mislabeled sex offender or pedophile. case in point, my gf has a friend from high school who was IN A BAR, he was 22 years old, in college, drunk, and felt safe. around midnight or so a small group of girls walks in just as drunk as he was and one of them is hanging all over this guy. one thing leads to another, they go back to his place yadayada etcetc. 4 days later girls parents show up with girl and sheriff in tow. apparently she was 16 years old with a fake ID. he is now serving i believe it was an 8 year sentence for statutory rape. his life is ruined, he is treated like a piece of shit and cant even vote because some little bitch had a fake id and an itch to scratch.

imo he got screwed. imo he's definitely human. imo THAT isnt debatable. but you may disagree, so feel free. :)
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government.  This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Liverpool FC, Healthy food, Free Healthcare
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
  • Breaking the hearts of spammers since 2000
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 11:01:49 AM »

my gf has a friend from high school who was IN A BAR, he was 22 years old, in college, drunk, and felt safe. around midnight or so a small group of girls walks in just as drunk as he was and one of them is hanging all over this guy. one thing leads to another, they go back to his place yadayada etcetc. 4 days later girls parents show up with girl and sheriff in tow. apparently she was 16 years old with a fake ID. he is now serving i believe it was an 8 year sentence for statutory rape. his life is ruined, he is treated like a piece of shit and cant even vote because some little bitch had a fake id and an itch to scratch.

There's a big difference between consensual sex and abuse which any right minded human being should be able to distinguish. The laws pertaining to the age of consent are different worldwide eg; i believe the age in Mexico is 12. So who's to say who's got it right? Is there anybody here who didn't break the law by having sex before the legal age? and does that make the other person involved some kind of pervert? No of course it doesn't, the laws are man made and are extreemly fallible. I first had sex aged 11 and the girl involved was 16 now obviously she was more mature than me but was she acting badly? I don't think so and in that vein i wouldn't condemn a 16 year old boy who had sex with an 11 year old girl. Like i said, it's all about consent.

I don't really think Fip was talking about this kind of sex anyway when she made the thread, i presume she was talking about physically forcing one person to commit a sexual act against thier will and in response to her question.

Do you believe sex offenders can be rehabilitated?

The answer must depend on your viewpoint as to whether sex offenders are "ill" in some way or are just evil. Surely if we accept deviant behaviour as some form of illness then people must be able to be cured. Stands to reason.

I think though that peoples perception of this will be coloured by how close to home the offence occurs. Let's put it this way, when i see things on the news about this kind of offence i can agree that the criminal may be sick and in need of help whereas if any fucker ever touched one of my kids i, seriously would be the one doing time for killing the sick bastards in unbelievably horrific ways.
Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

That, of course, depends on who you ask around here.

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

FipronilaTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Your Mom
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2008, 02:10:16 AM »

I definitely wasn't referring to consensual sex and people being wrongly accused. I feel so bad for guys that happens to. I knew girls that were like that. I think an 11 year old girl is a bit early to be having sex. That's just my opinion.

I think rehabilitated may have been the wrong word. I think the idea is that for a normal person, you would think if one has a sick ass thought run through their head, they aren't going to act on it knowing that it is wrong, and even if they don't think it's wrong because they are a sick asshole, they would control themselves because it's at least against the law. What I don't understand is people not having enough self control to go fucking jerk off or some shit and leave other people out of their sick fucked up world.

In that vein, yes I suppose rehabilitated was the correct term because someone who can't control themselves has something wrong and needs to either fix it or be removed from society. (all my opinion of course!)

FipronilaTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Your Mom
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2008, 02:12:29 AM »

Oh and Pers- the article was about a lesbian in San Francisco that was attacked by a group of men and raped for 45 minutes, based off the comments they made to her, it was because she was a lesbian. Fucking assholes.

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 05:44:20 PM »

I agree, with a minor exception - drug abusers can and do recover if they actively maintain their abstinence and do what they need to do to stay clean. I know many,many addicts both in AA and NA, who have been clean and sober for 30 years or more. But addiction and alcoholism are treatable diseases (the AMA thinks so anyway); there has never been a successful case of rehabilitating a rapist or pedophile.

What I meant about the recidivism rate of drug abusers was that it is rather high, not that they can't get off it and live productive lives eventually.

Drug addiction is a more physical addiction, as opposed to rape where it is all mental.  A drug addict can be treated to abstain from drugs, but a rapist is another thing.  How can you treat someone to abstain from something that they do not think is wrong?  In their mind, what they are doing is okay, maybe because it was done to them, and they see it as an acceptable mode of behavior.   :sad:

What is unacceptable is... drug users who are caught run the risk of having a higher prison term given to them than some fucking low life rapist or pedophile.  :uhuh:
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 12:29:42 PM »

Agreed. You live near me so I know you know what I'm talking about when I refer to the Rockefeller laws. Lots and lots of street level drug users were thrown in jail for 20-30 years for having like an ounce of weed on them, which is personal use weight as far as any rational person would think. I don't for one minute believe that putting someone in jail for 3 years even because they were caught with an active crack stem in their pocket (that's a pipe that's either loaded or else covered in resin) is in any way helpful. Yes, if the person in question is caught committing another crime, like robbery or assault or whatever, try them for that. But putting addicts in jail does nothing to address the "drug problem" in this country.

I really think we should legalize street drugs. We can tax the shit out of them, it would virtually eliminate the street level crime associated with drug use (loitering? gimme a fucken break), it would at least make sure the drugs were safe, and part of the tax revenue could be used for treatment programs.

But that's another thread.

Lrd. Greymure

• Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Lrd. Greymure probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 09:17:23 PM »

I think German porn is sexually offensive

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 09:33:51 PM »

I think German porn is sexually offensive

That's not what you told me last Thursday, Snookie.

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 08:34:21 AM »

I don't believe in the death penalty, but child predators make it especially difficult for me to stand by my convictions on that subject. Barring execution, any fucker who is found guilty of a sex crime, especially against a child, should be locked away forever and studied like a fucking lab rat.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         a child who is abused in ANY fashion stands a greater risk of growing up to become an abuser themselves.

See the problem there between those two statements?

It seems to be accepted that suffering abuse is liable to turn you into an offender so what are you saying? That we should punish victims of abuse and "study them like lab rats forever"?

Seems a bit harsh when you look at it like that dunnit?
Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 08:56:29 AM »

No, that's not what I'm saying. If a child who is the victim of abuse is given appropriate treatment, there is a strong likelihood that they WON'T repeat the behavior. Sadly, a lot of child victims are either afraid to say anything or are not believed. It's true. I've seen it often.

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 09:08:34 AM »

Sadly, a lot of child victims are either afraid to say anything or are not believed. It's true. I've seen it often.

So that would mean that we're punishing the most badly affected victims then? I see.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 09:14:14 AM »

Okay, right now probably yes, we are. So don't you think that maybe there should be a more aggressive approach to helping these children before they become abusers themselves? A kid sitting in school suddenly starts acting up, or an outgoing child becomes introverted, their grades start to suffer, they start displaying behaviors indicative of abuse...and the schools do nothing. No one is told, no one is alerted. Maybe the teacher calls the parents, maybe not. There is a mandatory reporting law in most of the 50 states if not all of them, but I don't think it's utilized as it should be because people just don't want to get involved or be responsible. Yeah, it's the parents' job to raise the child but if ANY thinking adult with a conscience sees a child in trouble, don't you think they should ACT?

Call me naive but I should think any adult's reaction to a child would be protective.

Mrs C

• Censor
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Mrs C seems dazed and confused most of the time.Mrs C seems dazed and confused most of the time.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - A reasonable answer to the Death Penalty
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 09:18:53 AM »

See the problem there between those two statements?

It seems to be accepted that suffering abuse is liable to turn you into an offender so what are you saying? That we should punish victims of abuse and "study them like lab rats forever"?

Seems a bit harsh when you look at it like that dunnit?

With you all the way Scoundrel.

Abusers that are caught often have a history of abuse. We have two choices and one of them is simple...lock them away...let the jail population kill them etc etc

Abusers that are caught are often victims. Paedophiles are often incurablle. I don't want them out, but I have no right over life and death.,....ever

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 09:26:02 AM »

Yeah okay, I said initially that I DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE DEATH PENALTY so I don't think I have any right over life or death either. But sorry, if the victim isn't treated and they go on to become an abuser, I don't want them hanging about the schoolyard posing a threat to MY children. Ever.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.347 seconds with 41 queries.