ThirdRailForum

• November 20, 2017, 06:47:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: On The Issues  (Read 1434 times)

plus minus reset

princess of ptTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
On The Issues
« on: October 20, 2008, 12:09:19 PM »

Here is a fan-fucking-tastic site that provides a pretty thorough compilation of the "issues" and where each candidate as well as any politician you can imagine past or present, stands and what he/she has voted for as well as a wicked plethora of political information nobody in their right mind could ever imagine cramming into one site;

http://www.issues2000.org/default.htm

I stumbled upon this site while doing a spot of unrelated research for work and my attention was quickly diverted from my task at hand (no, i know what you're wondering you perv's, i masturbated much earlier this morning around 4am when i first woke up and again upon my return from the gym!  :vc: )

There are a few quizzes provided that help you match up where your views stand in conjunction with the candidates as well as the senate;

http://www.issues2000.org/Quiz.htm

Each candidate and VP has their own page of almost overwhelming fact filled tidbits. Naturally, because my latest peeve is welfare and it's desperate need for reform, I decided to compare each candidates stance and will post them in the Government Tit thread.

http://3rdrail.net23.net/index.php?topic=35.0

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 390
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
Re: On The Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 01:26:38 PM »

That looks like a great repository site for info though the questions on the quiz seem a little narrow to peg down someone's political philosophy.

My result said i was "Libertarian-Leaning Liberal" which isn't too far off but I got some weird ass candidates who I don't agree with matching up with my views. My closest mainstream match was Hillary!  :lol:
Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

• Senatore
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 02:09:42 PM »

You should have c&p'd your analysis and explanation for me to scrutinize. :vc:

My matches were all over the place too and I agree, those questions in no way pegged my political philosophies.

Your political philosophy is Moderate Liberal Populist.

Your Political Philosophy

The below is a way of thinking about your political philosophy by dividing your PoliticsMatch answers into "personal" and "economic" questions.  It is only a theory - please take it with a grain of salt!

Personal Questions:  Liberals and libertarians agree in choosing the less-government answers, while conservatives and populists agree in choosing the more-restrictions answers.

Economic Questions:  Conservatives and libertarians agree in choosing the less-government answers, while liberals and populists agree in choosing the more-restrictions answers.

Your Score

You scored the following on the PoliticsMatch questions:

Personal Score    48%    
Economic Score    40%    

Where You Fit In

Where your Personal score meets your Economic score on the grid below is your political philosophy.  Based on the above score, you are a Moderate Liberal Populist .

Personal Score

This measures how much you believe government should intervene in people's personal lives. Personal issues include health, love, recreation, prayer and other activities that are not measured in dollars.

* A high score (above 60%) means you believe in tolerance for different people and lifestyles.
    * A low score (below 40%) means you believe that your standards of morality & safety should be enforced by government. 

Economic Score

This measures how much you believe government should intervene in people's economic lives. Economic issues include retirement funding, budget allocations, and taxes.

* A high score (above 60%) means you believe in personal responsibility for your financial matters, and that free-market competition is better for people than central planning by the government.
    * A low score (below 40%) means you believe that a good society is best achieved by the government redistributing wealth. You believe that government's purpose is to decide which programs are good for society, and how much should be spent on each program.

Deviouz1

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government.  This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 02:43:56 PM »

You should have c&p'd your analysis and explanation for me to scrutinize. :vc:

My matches were all over the place too and I agree, those questions in no way pegged my political philosophies.

Oh, I didnt even get to that part. Or maybe my script blocker blocked it. I only got the label and a list of the candidates which were the closest to my scores. Where is the link for that analysis?

Ive seen other quizzes on myspace which are a much better gauge of political philosophy. It's not going to be very accurate with only 10-15 questions about 4-5 areas.

http://www.speakout.com/VoteMatch/results2006.asp?quiz=Pres2008&state=TOP&q1=1&q2=4&q3=1&q4=5&q5=2&q6=2&q7=1&q8=2&q9=3&q10=3&q11=1&q12=5&q13=2&q14=3&q15=1&q16=2&q17=4&q18=2&q19=1&q20=1&Submit=Score+the+quiz!

hillary. more so on social than economic issues.

LOL, that's pretty similar to what I got. Interestingly, my worst matches were all Republicans starting with Jeff Sessions of Alabama.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them

• Senatore
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 03:14:25 PM »

Oh, I didnt even get to that part. Or maybe my script blocker blocked it. I only got the label and a list of the candidates which were the closest to my scores. Where is the link for that analysis?

at the very bottom, to the right of the political philosophy label.

http://www.speakout.com/VoteMatch/results2006.asp?state=TOP&quiz=Philosophy&Submit=Score+the+quiz!&q1=1&q2=2&q3=4&q4=5&q5=2&q6=1&q7=2&q8=1&q9=4&q10=1&q11=4&q12=4&q13=1&q14=1&q15=1&q16=4&q17=2&q18=2&q19=2&q20=2

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 05:40:18 PM »

• Senatore
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 07:29:21 PM »

:lmao: i dunno how accurate this one is either...

• Senatore
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 07:51:49 PM »

As far as the issues go; I've been comparing both candidates sites. Much like his rallies, McCain's issues are all about how he knows things need to be fixed and how McCain "knows how to do it", but there really isn't much explained about how exactly he plans on doing it. It's amazing.

Take healthcare for instance:

McCain

Affordability. John McCain believes in making health care more affordable for all Americans by ensuring that drug companies, doctors, insurance companies, hospitals and every other aspect of the health care system competes vigorously to respond to their needs. By rewarding quality, promoting prevention and delivering health care more effectively and efficiently we can ensure that every American can afford health care coverage of their choice.

How exactly is he going to ensure there is vigorous competition? How does he plan to "reward quality"? What will he do to promote prevention and deliver healthcare more effectively?? After following thru with this "plan", how exactly will every American afford the plan of their choice??

Theres more...we get a synopsis of what John believes, yet there is still not an explanation of how he is going to carry any of his beliefs to fruition. Excellent!

Access & Choice. John McCain believes that every American should have access to quality and affordable coverage of their choice, including keeping
their current coverage. American families ? not government bureaucrats or insurance companies ? should choose the coverage that best meets their unique needs.

Portability & Security. John McCain believes in allowing every American to keep their health insurance as they move from job to job or job to home, and protecting Americans' economic security from unforeseen health events by expanding coverage and savings options.

Quality. John McCain believes in strengthening health care quality by promoting research and development of new treatment models, promoting wellness, investing in technology and empowering Americans with better information on quality.

Oh, wait..this looks like it might explain how McCain plans on doing things!

Making Health Insurance Innovative, Portable and Affordable

John McCain Will Reform Health Care Making It Easier For Individuals And Families To Obtain Insurance. An important part of his plan is to use competition to improve the quality of health insurance with greater variety to match people's needs, lower prices, and portability. Families should be able to purchase health insurance nationwide, across state lines.

John McCain Will Reform The Tax Code To Offer More Choices Beyond Employer-Based Health Insurance Coverage. While still having the option of employer-based coverage, every family will receive a direct refundable tax credit - effectively cash - of $2,500 for individuals and $5,000 for families to offset the cost of insurance. Families will be able to choose the insurance provider that suits them best and the money would be sent directly to the insurance provider. (This sentence was referred to in a recent untruthful attack ad by Barack Obama. Click here to read the facts.) Those obtaining innovative insurance that costs less than the credit can deposit the remainder in expanded Health Savings Accounts.

John McCain Proposes Making Insurance More Portable. Americans need insurance that follows them from job to job. They want insurance that is still there if they retire early and does not change if they take a few years off to raise the kids.

John McCain Will Encourage And Expand The Benefits Of Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) For Families. When families are informed about medical choices, they are more capable of making their own decisions and often decide against unnecessary options. Health Savings Accounts take an important step in the direction of putting families in charge of what they pay for.

Oooops, I was wrong!  :oh:

Damn Obama and all his figures and specifics!  :vc:

Obama

The Obama-Biden plan provides affordable, accessible health care for all Americans, builds on the existing health care system, and uses existing providers, doctors and plans to implement the plan. Under the Obama-Biden plan, patients will be able to make health care decisions with their doctors, instead of being blocked by insurance company bureaucrats.

Under the plan, if you like your current health insurance, nothing changes, except your costs will go down by as much as $2,500 per year.

If you don?t have health insurance, you will have a choice of new, affordable health insurance options.

How the hell is Obama going to do all that?? Oh, it's all detailed right there on his site. Thats odd, no?

Make Health Insurance Work for People and Businesses - Not Just Insurance and Drug Companies.

*Require insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions so all Americans regardless of their health status or history can get comprehensive benefits at fair and stable premiums.
*Create a new Small Business Health Tax Credit to help small businesses provide affordable health insurance to their employees.
*Lower costs for businesses by covering a portion of the catastrophic health costs they pay in return for lower premiums for employees.
*Prevent insurers from overcharging doctors for their malpractice insurance and invest in proven strategies to reduce preventable medical errors.
*Make employer contributions more fair by requiring large employers that do not offer coverage or make a meaningful contribution to the cost of quality health coverage for their employees to contribute a percentage of payroll toward the costs of their employees health care.
*Establish a National Health Insurance Exchange with a range of private insurance options as well as a new public plan based on benefits available to members of Congress that will allow individuals and small businesses to buy affordable health coverage.
*Ensure everyone who needs it will receive a tax credit for their premiums.

Reduce Costs and Save a Typical American Family up to $2,500 as reforms phase in:

*Lower drug costs by allowing the importation of safe medicines from other developed countries, increasing the use of generic drugs in public programs and taking on drug companies that block cheaper generic medicines from the market
*Require hospitals to collect and report health care cost and quality data
*Reduce the costs of catastrophic illnesses for employers and their employees.
*Reform the insurance market to increase competition by taking on anticompetitive activity that drives up prices without improving quality of care.
*The Obama-Biden plan will promote public health. It will require coverage of preventive services, including cancer screenings, and increase state and local preparedness for terrorist attacks and natural disasters.

A Commitment to Fiscal Responsibility: Barack Obama will pay for his $50 - $65 billion health care reform effort by rolling back the Bush tax cuts for Americans earning more than $250,000 per year and retaining the estate tax at its 2009 level.

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 08:01:25 PM »

:lmao: i dunno how accurate this one is either...

Hmm, pretty close to a match except im a bit more to the right (or center)..

Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.87

No wonder why we cant stand each other!  :lol:

• Senatore
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 08:06:59 PM »

:vc: Really!! Anyone who thinks Hillary is ok and is a fraction more to the right needs to go pound sand!

Willow

• Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Willow probably just rolled in here.
  • Karysma in hiding. :P
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 09:32:39 AM »

Here, try this one - http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

My bad, I started a thread with a link to this before I read this thread! I haven't had time to keep up with everything. Feel free to merge! :)

RizenPhoeniz

• Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • RizenPhoeniz probably just rolled in here.
  • Relentless, Focused, Determined
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 02:44:41 AM »

OP's site says i should vote for the socialist  and that i'm a moderate liberal.

My support for gun onwership and the death penalty probably throws my score off some though. Fiscally i'm very left

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 292
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 06:19:08 AM »

WHOA! :oh:

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

• Senatore
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 06:40:08 AM »

lmmfao! that site is an obama troll, it has to be!!  :rotf:

Deviouz1

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 03:15:49 PM »

i dont think there are enough questions in that test to really get a good idea of where someone stands politically. there are too many subtle differences in people opinions and i dont think it accurately gauges a lot of them.
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government.  This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."
~Thomas Jefferson 1813
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.377 seconds with 38 queries.