dunk

ThirdRailForum

• December 15, 2018, 03:15:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

CELEBRATING A DECADE OF TEXTUAL EXCREMENT!

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Abortion : the cold blooded practice of killing your own baby  (Read 4258 times)

plus minus reset

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
Re: Abortion : the cold blooded practice of killing your own baby
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 07:04:26 PM »

Not WOMEN, King - LITTLE GIRLS. It's statistically proven that children who are molested suffer grave and sometimes permanent psychological and emotional damage. Go to any 12 step meeting, and 8 of the 10 women there will admit to having been sexually abused as a child. Compound that with having to carry the baby of your molestor and you're quite likely doomed to a life of untreated addiction and other anti-social behaviors, inevitably resulting in an early death. Are you saying that the lives of the little girls who are subjected to this kind of torture have lives that are worth less than the fetuses deposited by the fathers, their uncles, their brothers? How can you justify sacrificing the life of an already-born child for that of one not yet here?

Are you a parent?
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 298
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Good news!100 Replies - Names for cdub’s stag forum100 Replies - What are you having for Thanksgiving?100 Replies - Match the cars/vehicles to the membersTRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • You talk like a fag, and your shit’s all retarded
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 09:23:26 PM »

Abortion is a non-issue. :snack:
Quote from: JOODOG
i bet you eat three square meals a day in a truck stop restroom
Quote from: Johnny Storm
:lolatu:
You recognize the sink?
Quote from: JOODOG
you recognize the bathhouse?
Quote from: Johnny Storm
So, you admit it's a bathhouse. 

PWN3D!!! :strong: :100:

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 10:02:41 PM »

Here are my views and I apologize in advance because I often tend to think of things on a more scientific level because thats just how my brain works, so bear with me please..

If you step outside of the box and look at the entire picture, at this world we exist in; everything living is pretty much based on a cyclic scale. We are entities that are parasitic virus's in nature pertaining to earths existence.

Consider earth like a human if you will. Like us, it has a main system of function with other little side systems that keep it happily going. We are like earths HIV, consuming up all of its resources and converting or manipulating every cell to accommodate our own objectives without any blatant regard for the damage we leave in our wake.

When you think about our physiologic make up, our center revolves around sexual reproduction; our main job is to procreate to continue this destructive cycle, until we have devoured/overpowered the earth and we self destruct, because we are just an aimless plague in comparison to the grand scheme of things.

Somewhere along the way, we as humans developed this sort of pseudo intelligence and have morphed or deviated into different strengths or strains of a complex and controlling virus. Some are stronger than others and the stronger virus's have mastered the control of the weaker virus's as well as the wayward and weaker fungi and bacteria that exists along side of us.

With that in consideration, extinguishing a life that is unable to exist on its own outside of the womb, is not really a massive concern for me in terms of a higher being having a say or judging someone in some sort of "afterlife".

On a somewhat more empathetic and moral level I feel a fetus in its first tri-mester is more like a parasite and its not really an entity that can sustain life on its own. An infant can survive on its own with little intervention after the 5th month of pregnancy so that is the point I would consider termination as some sort of murder, put prior to that if it isnt viable enough for life often the body will reject it on its own anyway.

On a logical and social level a life altering, unwanted or unwarranted pregnancy and the decision to keep or terminate, is a private decision for a woman to make as she is the host. To me, it is much like having to make a decision relative to having my breasts lopped off or my uterus removed, because of cancer. If the decision to abort clinically is not made available, then you will either have a bunch of females seeking other means that are potentially fatal or a bunch of unwanted and unloved children running amok to repeat the cycle.     

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 331
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 100 Replies - cas vs kur100 Replies - Attn caskurt500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 10:35:25 PM »

There is something harrowing about a government or a society telling a woman: "You are now impregnated; It does not matter whether you were raped or not, you MUST carry the fetus to birth."

That makes them as nothing more than baby ovens whose will and control over their own bodies is subservient to the government's. It matters not what her age is, what she wants or the circumstances involving how she got pregnant, the only thing that matters to the government is that she produce an unwanted baby.

Personally, I dont consider a fertilized egg or a formless embryo without a brain as anything  approaching "life" but even if there was a good argument that it were, I dont think that life form should have superior rights over the mother's. At least not until it is viable and can survive on its own.

It should be up to the mother whether or not she wants to terminate, flush or kill the formless mass of dividing cells. That's just the way it is and the way nature intended it. Otherwise, humans would have evolved to lay eggs in a nest like reptiles and birds or something else that wouldnt need to depend on the cooperation of the mother.

We already have overpopulation and food problems throughout many places in the world. Thousands of unwanted abandoned children in third world countries living on the streets, being exploited as sex objects and sniffing glue to numb their brain. Is it even moral to bring an unwanted pregnancy to term to give a child that kind of life? I dont think we need anymore man-made rules to make things any worse.

#PutYourBabyinMe

Deviouz1

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2008, 01:24:29 AM »

if it can feel it, leave it alone. if it cant, get it out if you want it out. i wouldnt recommend a coathanger, but thats what the mother may have to resort to if people get the chance to make a law against somehing the dont like but which ultimately doesnt effect them in the slightest, especially with prospective mothers that are mentally unstable (most of them regardless of age and you cant deny that), emotionally wrecked (all teenager girls), or just plain terrified of the consequences whatever they may be. hell, wouldnt surprise me if some get so terrified of the pain of childbirth alone it has em jumping off dressers like lemmings as soon as they found out.

i think abortion, disease, natural disasters, and our warlike tendencies are natures way of "culling the herd" so to speak. i seriously doubt we'll ever populate the world to a point where we destroy it unless youre talking nuclear weapons.
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government.  This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

Jonkeybzaz

• Aedile
  • Jonkeybzaz is a tedious twat.
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »

This is a matter of couples planning ahead. They need to ask themselves "are we ready" and "do we want a child" and "can we give it a decent upbringing" and "can we afford it". In regards to over population some countries have already tried to adress this. I heard (though not 100% about the facts) that in Singapore that couples with one child get full support from the government including monetary help for his/her schooling. Couples with two or more get no support and are heavily taxed for eachchild. It's little wonder that most couples there would plan to have only one child. It is a matter of planning and self control. Having a baby is an awesome responsibility...if you are not worthy then it is better to never get pregnant. Do not kill and do not be a rabbit by getting knocked up and saying "OMG what on earth am I going to do?".Plan ahead. If you are willing,can then go ahead and get pregnant. If not go down the path of birth control. Sex is the right of every loving couple however it is both parties responsibility to take birth control measures and not kill an innocent human being if they wont cant  realistically have a kid.

Planning is not possible in all cases.

-Teenagers are irresponsible
-Rape
-Birth control failure

I'm sure there's more, but the point remains the same. Not all pregnancies are planned, no matter how ir/responsible the parties involved might be. Then what, should they be birthed anyways?

Also, if we tried to implement such policies to support one child couples here, you know that people are going to scream "COMMUNISM" or some such irrelevant bullshit to negate the idea.

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 03:38:07 PM »

i seriously doubt we'll ever populate the world to a point where we destroy it unless youre talking nuclear weapons.

True, we don't have the capability of destroying earth itself, only the sun or a massive asteroid could do that. Unless maybe we set off a multitude of nukes consecutively and were somehow able to knock the planet out of orbit sending it toooo close to the sun, but that's not likely.

I'll re-phrase; eventually we will destroy the environment that we live in, making our over all survival as a species, unlikely. Once we're gone, the earth will rejuvenate itself after a couple hundred thousand years and host another destructive parasite of some sort.

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - cas vs kur100 Replies - Attn caskurt500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2008, 04:36:51 PM »

I'll re-phrase; eventually we will destroy the environment that we live in, making our over all survival as a species, unlikely. Once we're gone, the earth will rejuvenate itself after a couple hundred thousand years and host another destructive parasite of some sort.

You can bet your ass there would be some wicked hellified mutations to all living DNA if we lost the ozone layer. That is, before eventually getting irradiated.  If we lost the atmosphere too, we'd then wind up like the surface of Mars. Sterile as an operating room. But what's that got to do with abortion?

#PutYourBabyinMe

Deviouz1

• Governor
  • Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2008, 04:44:36 PM »

But what's that got to do with abortion?

the natural progression from the argument of using abortion as a means of population control?

::)

lol
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government.  This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2008, 05:31:46 PM »

To a couple living in North Korea with no food, 3-4 kids succumbing to starvation and people all around them dying every day, I''d say that it should be a necessity. In Haiti, they bake mud and dirt to feed children with. Not even decent planting soil, but dry dirt.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/WireStory?id=4212012

Again, is it moral to bring a life into a world of suffering and eventual death when it can be averted before the life takes form?

Say, you lived in a society where you are forced to breed babies which are then taken by a government and used as food for animals and people, would you not have a moral obligation to abort a pregnancy and avert that?

#PutYourBabyinMe

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2008, 06:17:39 PM »

You can bet your ass there would be some wicked hellified mutations to all living DNA if we lost the ozone layer. That is, before eventually getting irradiated.  If we lost the atmosphere too, we'd then wind up like the surface of Mars. Sterile as an operating room. But what's that got to do with abortion?

Nothing really, you know i get excited talking about the science of earth.  :-*

But it sort of ties into abortion in terms of crowd control like D1 said.

Say, you lived in a society where you are forced to breed babies which are then taken by a government and used as food for animals and people, would you not have a moral obligation to abort a pregnancy and avert that?

Yikes, that kind of reminds me of the H.G. Wells televised version of The Time Machine, where the cannibalistic Morlocks evolved into superior creatures who breed the Eloi for consumption!

If you used abortion as a moral aversion to being controlled and cultivated as a food source, you would eventually hasten your own extinction, no?

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2008, 07:24:38 PM »

If you used abortion as a moral aversion to being controlled and cultivated as a food source, you would eventually hasten your own extinction, no?

Morlocks??  :lol:

It's not very likely that EVERYONE would stop breeding or have abortions to the point of extinction but what IS likely, is death and extinction when there is no food to eat.

And if you already have a food shortage and millions of people dying of starvation, then you would be hastening the crisis by bringing more babies into world who would need to be cared for and fed before eventually starving to death anyways.

UN: Millions in North Korea Faced with Starvation
15:44, October 23rd 2008    

Seoul - The World Food Programme warned Thursday that millions of North Koreans face starvation because of higher food prices, a reduction in state rations and rising unemployment, primarily among urban families.

About 2.7 million people on North Korea's western coast were expected to run out of food this month, the UN agency said. All aid to another 1.4 million residents on the east coast might end in November, it added.

A drastic worsening of North Korea's food security means "acute food and livelihood crises" in the affected areas, the World Food Programme said.

"Should urgent food assistance not be provided, this could lead to a humanitarian emergency," it said.

The agency warned in July of significant food shortages in the impoverished communist country that could lead to famine, calling the food crisis the worst in a decade in parts of the country.

The WFP estimates that right now more than 6.5 million people, out of a population of 23 million, do not have enough to eat, warning that the figure would rise unless urgent action is taken.

Thirty-seven percent of young children are already chronically malnourished and one-third of mothers are malnourished and anaemic, it said.

And let's not forget Myanmar ..

Thirty thousand children aged under five could starve to death within weeks in Myanmar unless emergency aid and food supplies can reach them, an international aid group has said.

The children, who may constitute up to 40 per cent of the victims of Cyclone Nargis, could starve "within two to three weeks", Save the Children said on Sunday.
"We are extremely worried that many children in the affected areas are now suffering from acute malnourishment," said Jasmine Whitbread, chief executive of Save the Children UK.

"When people reach this stage, they can die in a matter of days."

The cyclone struck southwest Myanmar, formerly known as Burma, earlier this month and the UN believes nearly 134,000 people have died or are missing, while 2.5 million survivors have been affected.

What is worse, bringing a child into these conditions or terminating a pregnancy if you could before the same the child grows a heart, brain, nerves and most other things which distinguish it as human?

Watch at least some of this before you decide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms4NIB6xroc

#PutYourBabyinMe

KingChileTopic starter

• Yellowbeard
  • Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • KingChile probably just rolled in here.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Projectile Vomit vs Caskur voting100+ Reply Thread - Flametown : past it's used by date?
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2008, 01:34:17 AM »

Not WOMEN, King - LITTLE GIRLS. It's statistically proven that children who are molested suffer grave and sometimes permanent psychological and emotional damage. Go to any 12 step meeting, and 8 of the 10 women there will admit to having been sexually abused as a child. Compound that with having to carry the baby of your molestor and you're quite likely doomed to a life of untreated addiction and other anti-social behaviors, inevitably resulting in an early death. Are you saying that the lives of the little girls who are subjected to this kind of torture have lives that are worth less than the fetuses deposited by the fathers, their uncles, their brothers? How can you justify sacrificing the life of an already-born child for that of one not yet here?

Are you a parent?

I must take the hard line even though it is tough and unfair. These "little girls" must endure their pregnancies to completion for it is only a short time. The life of the baby is the first priority and is more important than anything else. Why? Because the negative consequenses for the the mother may be terrible but they are not fatal...if a baby is to be terminated then it is game over for that living being. Terminaton of a life is murder and there is no justification for that. The mother must be supported as much as possible by family,friends or counselling so that the healing process can be completed as early as possible and she can then get on with her life. The self destuctive patterns of behavior can be neutralised or prevented early if she gets the proper support during and after the pregnancy.

KingChileTopic starter

• Yellowbeard
  • Quaestor
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Projectile Vomit vs Caskur voting100+ Reply Thread - Flametown : past it's used by date?
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 01:45:50 AM »

Here are my views and I apologize in advance because I often tend to think of things on a more scientific level because thats just how my brain works, so bear with me please..

If you step outside of the box and look at the entire picture, at this world we exist in; everything living is pretty much based on a cyclic scale. We are entities that are parasitic virus's in nature pertaining to earths existence.

Consider earth like a human if you will. Like us, it has a main system of function with other little side systems that keep it happily going. We are like earths HIV, consuming up all of its resources and converting or manipulating every cell to accommodate our own objectives without any blatant regard for the damage we leave in our wake.

When you think about our physiologic make up, our center revolves around sexual reproduction; our main job is to procreate to continue this destructive cycle, until we have devoured/overpowered the earth and we self destruct, because we are just an aimless plague in comparison to the grand scheme of things.

Somewhere along the way, we as humans developed this sort of pseudo intelligence and have morphed or deviated into different strengths or strains of a complex and controlling virus. Some are stronger than others and the stronger virus's have mastered the control of the weaker virus's as well as the wayward and weaker fungi and bacteria that exists along side of us.

With that in consideration, extinguishing a life that is unable to exist on its own outside of the womb, is not really a massive concern for me in terms of a higher being having a say or judging someone in some sort of "afterlife".

On a somewhat more empathetic and moral level I feel a fetus in its first tri-mester is more like a parasite and its not really an entity that can sustain life on its own. An infant can survive on its own with little intervention after the 5th month of pregnancy so that is the point I would consider termination as some sort of murder, put prior to that if it isnt viable enough for life often the body will reject it on its own anyway.

On a logical and social level a life altering, unwanted or unwarranted pregnancy and the decision to keep or terminate, is a private decision for a woman to make as she is the host. To me, it is much like having to make a decision relative to having my breasts lopped off or my uterus removed, because of cancer. If the decision to abort clinically is not made available, then you will either have a bunch of females seeking other means that are potentially fatal or a bunch of unwanted and unloved children running amok to repeat the cycle.     

Your opinion is respected but I couldn't disagree more. You are condoning murder in principle. Thankfully in practise you went through with your pregnancies and have two lovely children who are alive and able to learn from their mother the teachings of faeces and Buffalo Bill.

KingChileTopic starter

• Yellowbeard
  • Quaestor
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2008, 02:00:08 AM »

There is something harrowing about a government or a society telling a woman: "You are now impregnated; It does not matter whether you were raped or not, you MUST carry the fetus to birth."

That makes them as nothing more than baby ovens whose will and control over their own bodies is subservient to the government's. It matters not what her age is, what she wants or the circumstances involving how she got pregnant, the only thing that matters to the government is that she produce an unwanted baby.

Personally, I dont consider a fertilized egg or a formless embryo without a brain as anything  approaching "life" but even if there was a good argument that it were, I dont think that life form should have superior rights over the mother's. At least not until it is viable and can survive on its own.

It should be up to the mother whether or not she wants to terminate, flush or kill the formless mass of dividing cells. That's just the way it is and the way nature intended it. Otherwise, humans would have evolved to lay eggs in a nest like reptiles and birds or something else that wouldnt need to depend on the cooperation of the mother.

We already have overpopulation and food problems throughout many places in the world. Thousands of unwanted abandoned children in third world countries living on the streets, being exploited as sex objects and sniffing glue to numb their brain. Is it even moral to bring an unwanted pregnancy to term to give a child that kind of life? I dont think we need anymore man-made rules to make things any worse.

If the "formless mass of dividing" cells were not a life, then there would'nt be the need to "Abort" it's life. I believe the line between life and non life can be drawn at fertilisation. That is the point at which the sperm and egg transform into a living being. I am not concentrating on the non fatal external circumstances the unwanted child may face...I am purely concerned with that child's right to exist. It is nobodies right to take life, our job is to preserve it. If someone is to die that is a matter for mother nature to decide. If someone is to ruin their life after being born an unwanted child there is an element of circumstances but it is ultimately a matter of their own personal choices. Some are born rich and die in shit, some are born poor and become millionaires and have great lives.

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2008, 02:01:34 AM »

I reckon this must be a cultural thing.......

USA - Abortion is a major political issue

UK - Nobody gives a fuck about abortion, not even a blip on the political radar

USA - Being a female Vice President who is a "mom" is a major factor

UK - British female MP's would cringe at playing the "mom" card.

A shared language but thats about it.......
Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

Deviouz1

• Governor
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2008, 03:25:58 AM »

I must take the hard line even though it is tough and unfair.

ok, theres a point, at least you admit its unfair.

These "little girls" must endure their pregnancies to completion for it is only a short time.

says who? are you now the one that makes the rules? if not, where are these rules coming from?

The life of the baby is the first priority and is more important than anything else. Why?

i think the question you should be asking is why you feel you have the right to say what someone else can and cannot do to their own body.

Because the negative consequenses for the the mother may be terrible but they are not fatal...if a baby is to be terminated then it is game over for that living being.

at what point do you think "life" begins?

I believe the line between life and non life can be drawn at fertilisation. That is the point at which the sperm and egg transform into a living being.

Quote from: Definition of Life
Life is a state that distinguishes organisms from non-living objects, such as non-life, and dead organisms. Living organisms are capable of growth and reproduction,

an embryo is incapable of reproduction and limited in its growth by the nutrients it recieves from the mother's body. once again, who is to say what someone can and cant do to their own body? is it ok in your opinion for someone to cut off their own finger? or is that "murder"?

Quote from: Definition of Life cont.
some can communicate and many can adapt to their environment through changes originating internally.

can an embryo communicate? if a change happens within the womb what can an embryo do to adapt?

A physical characteristic of life is that it feeds on negative entropy.[2][3] In more detail, according to physicists such as John Bernal, Erwin Schr?dinger, Eugene Wigner, and John Avery, life is a member of the class of phenomena which are open or continuous systems able to decrease their internal entropy at the expense of substances or free energy taken in from the environment and subsequently rejected in a degraded form (see: entropy and life).[4][5]

which is best answered with
A system is commonly defined as a group of interacting units or elements that have a common purpose. The units or elements of a system can be cogs, wires, people, computers, and so on. Systems are generally classified as open systems and closed systems and they can take the form of mechanical, biological, or social systems. Open systems refer to systems that interact with other systems or the outside environment, whereas closed systems refer to systems having relatively little interaction with other systems or the outside environment. For example, living organisms are considered open systems because they take in substances from their environment such as food and air and return other substances to their environment. Humans, for example, inhale oxygen out of the environment and exhale carbon dioxide into the environment. Similarly, some organizations consume raw materials in the production of products and emit finished goods and pollution as a result. In contrast, a watch is an example of a closed system in that it is a relatively self-contained, self-maintaining unit that has little interacts or exchange with its environment.

does an embryo expel any waste whatsoever?

Quote from: Definition of Life cont.
An entity with the above properties is considered to be a living organism, hence, a 'life form'.

moving on.

Terminaton of a life is murder and there is no justification for that.

i would argue there are MANY justifications for "murder". however the term "murder" has to be defined, and depending on who you ask youll get different answers so lets use a selection from a source noted for their definitions. ie; dictionaries.

american heritage
NOUN 1. The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

in this case you have to determine whether or not an embryo is "human". to do that you have to determine what constitutes "human" and then compare that answer to an embryo. how do you define what is "human"? does this 5 week old human embryo look even vaguely human? look at that fuckin TAIL O.o lol.

and if your belief is that its not the physical structure of a human that makes a human a human, then what does?

the "good christian" answer would be "a soul".
The soul, according to many religious and philosophical beliefs, is the self-awareness, or consciousness, unique to a particular living being, defined as being distinct from the body and survives the death of the body. In these beliefs the soul is thought to incorporate the inner awareness of each living being, and to be the true basis for consciousness, rather than the brain or any other material or natural part of the biological organism. Some religions and philosophies on the other hand believe in the soul having a material component. Souls are usually considered to be immortal. Many beliefs hold they exist prior to incarnation.

are you basing your stance on the idea that the consciousness of a being is in their soul rather than their body? if so then your argument is is a religious based one. is this the case?

if not then your argument holds absolutely zero validity and heres why.

The nervous system develops from embryonic tissue called the ectoderm. The first sign of the developing nervous system is the neural plate that can be seen at about the 16th day of development. Over the next few days, a "trench" is formed in the neural plate - this creates a neural groove. By the 21st day of development, a neural tube is formed when the edges of the neural groove meet. The rostral (front) part of the neural tubes goes on to develop into the brain and the rest of the neural tube develops into the spinal cord. Neural crest cells become the peripheral nervous system.

an embryo has no brain and therefore no consciousness which in turn = "not human" by definition.

moving on.

the philosophical answer would be:
Having or showing those positive aspects of nature and character regarded as distinguishing humans from other animals

only, an embryo is utterly incapable of this. again, it doesnt have a brain yet and therefore cannot be accused of having any sort of awareness or the ability to feel pain or any emotions and as such cannot display any aspect which distinguishes it from the same age fetus of another animal.

The mother must be supported as much as possible by family,friends or counselling so that the healing process can be completed as early as possible and she can then get on with her life.

once again, whos rules are we playing by?

The self destuctive patterns of behavior can be neutralised or prevented early if she gets the proper support during and after the pregnancy.

in a perfect world, one could expect that. however, we dont live in a perfect world and no-one can expect that even here in america much less in other parts of the world. here we have things like condoms and 5 year birth control methods. doesnt mean someone can afford them even here. does that mean youre putting a price on the right to have sex? which, by the way, would therefore control who was allowed to have sex at all which doesnt sound very constitutional at all. and since we are citizens of the United States we are responsible for making sure that the constitution is upheld.

but thats another argument entirely.
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

KingChileTopic starter

• Yellowbeard
  • Quaestor
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2008, 03:49:44 AM »

ok, theres a point, at least you admit its unfair.

says who? are you now the one that makes the rules? if not, where are these rules coming from?

i think the question you should be asking is why you feel you have the right to say what someone else can and cannot do to their own body.

at what point do you think "life" begins?

an embryo is incapable of reproduction and limited in its growth by the nutrients it recieves from the mother's body. once again, who is to say what someone can and cant do to their own body? is it ok in your opinion for someone to cut off their own finger? or is that "murder"?

can an embryo communicate? if a change happens within the womb what can an embryo do to adapt?

which is best answered with
does an embryo expel any waste whatsoever?

moving on.

i would argue there are MANY justifications for "murder". however the term "murder" has to be defined, and depending on who you ask youll get different answers so lets use a selection from a source noted for their definitions. ie; dictionaries.

american heritage
in this case you have to determine whether or not an embryo is "human". to do that you have to determine what constitutes "human" and then compare that answer to an embryo. how do you define what is "human"? does this 5 week old human embryo look even vaguely human? look at that fuckin TAIL O.o lol.

and if your belief is that its not the physical structure of a human that makes a human a human, then what does?

the "good christian" answer would be "a soul".
are you basing your stance on the idea that the consciousness of a being is in their soul rather than their body? if so then your argument is is a religious based one. is this the case?

if not then your argument holds absolutely zero validity and heres why.

an embryo has no brain and therefore no consciousness which in turn = "not human" by definition.

moving on.

the philosophical answer would be:
only, an embryo is utterly incapable of this. again, it doesnt have a brain yet and therefore cannot be accused of having any sort of awareness or the ability to feel pain or any emotions and as such cannot display any aspect which distinguishes it from the same age fetus of another animal.

once again, whos rules are we playing by?

in a perfect world, one could expect that. however, we dont live in a perfect world and no-one can expect that even here in america much less in other parts of the world. here we have things like condoms and 5 year birth control methods. doesnt mean someone can afford them even here. does that mean youre putting a price on the right to have sex? which, by the way, would therefore control who was allowed to have sex at all which doesnt sound very constitutional at all. and since we are citizens of the United States we are responsible for making sure that the constitution is upheld.

but thats another argument entirely.

You are wrong. Take a plant that is formed from seed as an example. The fact that it is growing means it is living. The fact that people would want to "abort" that process in a human means they want to end it's growth, in effect killing it.

Issa

• Lictor
  • Issa probably just rolled in here.
  • Mini Cab Professional Drving Service
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2008, 09:46:31 AM »

There is no greater evil than killing your own flesh and blood. Rejecting the love and the life of one's own flesh and blood is the most heartless uncaring thing a parent can do. How can anyone justify not placing any importance on the value of  their own child's life, arranging the killing and leaving the child disgarded and rejected in an abortion clinic rubbish bin? When will these soulless monsters learn to take responsibility for their own actions and prevent pregnancy if they are not willing to go through or have their partner go through with it?

In my opinion nobody has the right to kill...especially their own child. There is no justification for murder and anyone who takes part in an abortion deserves to have the word "BABYKILLER" tattooed on their foreheads. To me, killing ones own is a heartless act and the perpetrators are cold blooded murderers. May they never sleep and may the sound of a baby crying ring in their ears forevermore.

Are we discussing Jew baby or non Jew baby?

Please clarify so I can give my opinion, it really depends on how much pig genes are in discussion.

Dudayev Brothers Import/Export

Deviouz1

• Governor
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2008, 10:41:47 AM »

You are wrong. Take a plant that is formed from seed as an example. The fact that it is growing means it is living. The fact that people would want to "abort" that process in a human means they want to end it's growth, in effect killing it.

you didnt answer a single question. that indicates that you have no ability to defend your stance logically and are instead covering your ears and in effect screaming "lalalalalalala" at the top of your lungs.
~Thomas Jefferson 1813
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.54 seconds with 42 queries.