ThirdRailForum

• November 17, 2017, 11:45:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The McCain Blunder Timeline  (Read 1122 times)

plus minus reset

princess of ptTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
The McCain Blunder Timeline
« on: October 24, 2008, 08:12:35 PM »

How to cynically run the sleaziest, single most unethical, devoid of any logical strategy, least honorable, poorly planned and executed as well as, incontrovertibly erratic campaign in modern presidential campaign history
A Timeline/Blog

It would seem that daily the McCain campaign commits some sort of blunderous error. It's practically inconceivable that there is still a decent and logical person out there who would consider voting for this reprehensible swine of a man. Should McCain win this election, I will seriously be forced into becoming an ex-patriot, dwelling on a man made island in Dubai.

That said, with not very much time left before the election, I've decided to compile a blog like timeline of sorts. Detailing the more prominent blunders and documenting how a presidential campaign should NOT be run. A reference or a manifest if you will, for future generations should my offspring or I decide to ever take over the world in the years to come.  :vc:

I will be posting it in installments, feel free to contribute, comment, or correct at will.

July 10, 2007-Much to his surprise and days after McCain stood on the Senate floor opposing a withdrawal from Iraq and after publicly attacking excessive government spending for some time, McCain learns his two top political aids have departed and his campaign burned through the $24 million dollars raised during the first half of the year by spending it frivolously on hefty salaries for staff members and consultants, a heavy travel schedule and all manner of other expenses. McCain's campaign quickly moved to plug the holes caused by the departures and announced that Rick Davis would step in as manager.

Does this sound familiar?

"No, no, no, no," Mr. McCain said when asked by reporters on Capitol Hill if his campaign was in trouble. "I'd describe the campaign as going well. I'm very happy with it."

I've decided to begin where the proverbial spark of drama first began to fester publicly with the campaign, it's perhaps the largest blunder of all; The promoting of Rick Davis in July 2007, who already existed as the chief executive officer of the John McCain 2008 presidential campaign, to campaign manager.

Yes folks, Rick Davis!
*The American lobbyist currently on leave from Davis, Manafort & Freedman, a political consulting firm in Virginia.
*The same man who worked for Bob Doles blundering presidential campaign in 1996 and once stated that he was "blown away" by McCain's unconventional politics.
*The same man who from 2000 thru 2005, earned more than 30k a month as the head of a group called the Homeownership Alliance, a Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac advocacy group. An organization that was dedicated to "exposing and defeating trends that would harm consumer access to the lowest-cost mortgage option.", which was closed after Fannie and Frannie decided it had outlived its usefulness. However, Mr. Davis was kept on a $15k monthly retainer by Fannie and Freddie, from it's closing at the end of 2005 right up until the federal government took over in Agust of 2008. 
*The same man who McCain ironically and ultimately paid $165k from 04-05 to work for 5 hours a week as president of McCains non-profit "Reform Institute" which was established to promote.... campaign finance reform?  :confused:

If only McCain had learned enough from his past indiscretions with the Keating Five, he may have possessed the foresight for our current economic crisis and reconsidered linking himself to such a huge tool like Rick Davis.   

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
Re: The McCain Blunder Timeline
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 12:12:04 PM »

Is the fat retarded munter with the back to front B carved into her boat race going to get a mention  :confused:

What was the call made by McCain to Pittsburgh all about mentioned in that Hardtalk interview with Hitchens ?

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

• Senatore
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 02:04:48 AM »

Is the fat retarded munter with the back to front B carved into her boat race going to get a mention  :confused:

What was the call made by McCain to Pittsburgh all about mentioned in that Hardtalk interview with Hitchens ?

Yes, of course that tubby, psycho bitch will make it into the VC files. That one will have to stew for a bit. I'm sure we'll be provided a more succinct link to her being a plant and encouraged by the McCain campaign. Same goes for that Joe the plumber. I will be highly shocked if she wasnt directly tapped and if she wasnt, such outlandishness can only be a direct result of all the hate and fear the McCain camp is stirring up.     :vc:

I'm currently researching a piece about campaign funds. I started it earlier in the week but I've been busy and as the days pass there are so many new and even juicier developments to add to it, lmao! 

• Senatore
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 08:37:12 AM »

**BREAKING NEWS**
I just "watched" (more like listened)a tivo'd Meet the Press from yesterday, while doing my morning thing. Does that yellow toothed fuck EVER deviate from the script?? I mean really! For FUCKS Sake! I was almost chanting along with the fossil, all he needed was a background track.

I'm thinking a Mel Blanc dubbed version of "Jimmy Crack Corn" would be quite appropriate in this instance.  :vc:

srsly.

• Senatore
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 07:18:18 PM »

This one is too fucking good not to address promptly;

McCain's Brother Phones in Traffic Update... to 911
Updated, 3:22 PM

As if John McCain's campaign didn't have big enough problems already, along comes Joe the Brother and his road rage.

Joe McCain, who led a rally in Culpeper, Va., Thursday evening on behalf of his brother, the Republican presidential nominee, apparently got a tad testy earlier this week when he ran into bad traffic while driving on I-95 in Alexandria, Va. Instead of calling the traffic information line, he called 911 and cursed out the emergency operator.

As first reported by the local ABC affiliate WJLA, here is a transcript of the 911 call that took place on Tuesday of this week, in the wee hours of the morning:

Operator: 911 state your emergency

Caller: It's not an emergency but do you know why on one side at the damn drawbridge of 95 traffic is stopped for 15 minutes and yet traffic's coming the other way?

Operator: Sir, are you calling 911 to complain about traffic? (pause)

Caller: "(Expletive) you." (caller hangs up)

Click here to listen to a tape recording of Joe McCain's call. (Doesn't Joe sound a lot like his brother John?)

Presumably perturbed, the operator who was cursed out called the number from which the call was placed and got this voice mail message: "Hi this is Joe McCain. I can't take this message now because I'm involved in a very...important political project... I hope on Nov. 4th we have elected John."

Then, Joe called 911 a second time. According to the transcript of the call, he said, "Somebody gave me this riot act about the violation of police." The operator asked, "Did you just call 911 in reference to this?" "Yeah," Joe said. The operator replied, "911 is to be used for emergencies only, not just because you're sitting in traffic."

At least Joe, the 66-year-old younger brother of Sen. McCain, didn't curse out the operator that time around.

A spokeswoman for the Alexandria Police Department, Ashley Hildebrandt, tells us the initial call to 911 was made "around 1:30 a.m. on October 21." She said there was no subsequent communication between Joe McCain and the police department.

The McCain campaign has not yet responded to a request for comment.

:rotf:

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 390
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 07:44:42 PM »

Surprise, surprise, another consummate fuckup from the same McCain DNA tree as his brother John. Only this shitball actually flunked out of the Naval Academy instead of just squeaking by at the bottom of his class.

Any fuckwit who calls 911 to complain about traffic should be fined and/or thrown in jail. Period. 
Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

• Senatore
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 05:56:52 AM »

Just what is all the hoopla about Campaign Financing and its need for reform all about anyway?

Recently in the media, the frequent mention of Campaign Finance Reform, this unfamiliar topic to me, piqued my interest. What was the big deal? Tons of questions came to mind:

-Just what was this element of "reform" that McCain was patting himself on the back over?

-What were these accusations flying around that Obama "lied", "broke his promise", and "reneged on his word" when it came time for him to accept "public funding" all about?
*Was this just another desperate smear tactic?
*Obama's unwillingness to take from federally regulated public funds to finance his campaign was an issue, why?

-How could $150k be spent on clothing in such a short amount of time during this economic crisis? 
*Was it really possible the highest paid staff member of the McCain Campaign was a hairstylist?
*Were these expenditures even relevant to "Campaign Reform"??

-What was this talk about the dems planning to file a complaint with the Federal Election Commission or the FEC, accusing the McCain campaign of being "a serial violator" of campaign finance laws?

I needed to know just what the specific significance of "Campaign Finance Reform" was, its role and how it effects the race, and most importantly of all, how does it effect me,me, me?

I did some investigating and will elaborate more on my theory surrounding this topic after some definition of Campaign Finance Reform. I will follow up soon with some relevant McCain history and hopefully some answers to my questions.

Campaign finance reform is the common term for the political effort in the United States to change the involvement of money in politics, primarily in political campaigns.
It attempts to restrict the influence of wealthy individuals by limiting individual donations to $1000 and donations by Political Action Committees (PACs) to $5000. These specific election donations are known as "Hard money".

The Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act (BCRA) of 2002, also known as "McCain-Feingold," after its sponsors, is the most recent major federal law on campaign finance, which revised some of the legal limits of expenditure set in 1974, and prohibited unregulated contributions (called "soft money") to national political parties. "Soft money" also refers to funds spent by independent organizations that do not specifically advocate the election or defeat of candidates, and are not contributed directly to candidate campaigns.

Campaign finance in the United States is the financing of electoral campaigns at the federal, state, and local levels. At the federal level, the primary source of campaign funds is individuals; political action committees are a distant second. Contributions from both are limited. These regulated donations are often referred to as hard money.

Public financing is available for Democratic or Republican candidates for President of the United States during the election campaigns during both the primaries and the general election. Eligibility requirements must be fulfilled in order to qualify for public funding and those that do accept public funding are subject to spending limits.

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 292
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 08:05:48 AM »

Here's an idea about campaign reform:

Don't allow donations from anyone who can't vote for the candidate.

Currently, most Congressional races get most of their donations from outside their district.  This practice subverts democracy.

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 292
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 06:16:07 PM »

oh snap!

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 390
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 07:31:08 PM »

LMFAO!  :lmao:

SNL needs to sign her for the next show.
Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

• Senatore
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 07:43:24 PM »

Here's an idea about campaign reform:

Don't allow donations from anyone who can't vote for the candidate.

Currently, most Congressional races get most of their donations from outside their district.  This practice subverts democracy.

Most excellent point HT!! The more I research this, the more I understand it and can conceive the many possible ways that things can go horribly wrong. Of which, have already for McCain. It's quite an interesting chronology of events, at least for me  :vc:

Part 1
A history of the McCain financial campaign

The summer of 2007-As previously mentioned, John McCain's once "gold plated" campaign was in deep trouble. While slipping in polls in critical states like Iowa and New Hampshire, financially the campaign was nearly bankrupt as a result of McCain's critical political miscalculations and management shortfalls. The top two officials McCain recruited had deserted him because of differences with Rick Davis and their faith in McCain's ability to raise the funds needed for the campaign. Most of his staff were either fired or abandoned him.

Contributions dwindled quickly due to McCain's support of:
* The defeated and the conservatives strongly opposed immigration bill, a bill McCain had a hand in crafting and that was strongly supported by George W. Bush
*McCain's support of the Iraq war
*Opposition from evangelical voters
*Believe it or not, the prospect of former Senator Fred D. Thompson's entry into the race

Continuing struggles to raise money were consuming McCain's campaign, which made fund-raising even more difficult. The campaign had only raised a paltry $13 mil. the first quarter of the year. After promising to do better, McCain was only able to raise another $11.2 million. After pissing away most of the funds on hefty staff salaries and administrative expenses, the campaign was left with about $2 million by late July and hadn't even put out a single advertisement on television. McCain expressed concern that the image of his campaign overspending would invite mockery from opponents at a time when he is attacking excessive government spending.

McCain had made two fundamentally flawed decisions that alienated much of the Republican base-
*That voters would reward him for taking principled decisions on issues like immigration and the war
*That he would be anointed the Republican front-runner and would enjoy the political and financial advantages that go with it.

Campaign strategists said McCain was now looking to raise $50 million half of what he once expected. Top advisers to McCain said the problems might force him to accept federal matching money, which could pump $6 million into his primary campaign but force McCain to abide by strict spending limits.

By the end of August, McCain became the first 2008 presidential candidate to qualify for taxpayer dollars for the primary election. Participating in the public financing system would allow him in the coming months to get an infusion of loans by borrowing against the promise of taxpayer dollars. It would also cap his spending at about $50 million, the amount of cash his campaign can spend during the primary.

The matching public funds would be provided starting in January, but McCain could use the Federal Election Committee or FEC certificate promising the funds as collateral for loans before then. In order to qualify for the program, candidates must raise $100,000 by collecting $5,000 in 20 different states in amounts no greater than $250 from any individual contributor.

(tbc)

• Senatore
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 03:49:56 AM »

part 2

During an ABC "Nightline" interview at the end of October 2007, Cindy and John McCain where asked about Cindy making a personal financial contribution to the struggling campaign. Cindy McCain said she will not consider making a contribution or reconsider the decision, even though McCain was contemplating taking public financing to help keep his campaign afloat.

"I haven't put any money into the campaign -- my husband has never believed that we should do that," "He has always said, you know, 'I run on my own merits, and if I cant convince the people that I'm the guy, we're not going to do it by, you know we don?t need to do it by [self-funding the campaign.]' We need to convince everybody else that we?re the right family and he?s the right guy for this.", said Cindy.

When asked if using personal funds would be like "trying to buy" the presidency, McCain responded: "Yeah. Yeah, we wouldn?t do that so it -- we never have done it. We have a record in the history for that so it's just part of [that.]"
[/i]

Federal law limits candidates' spouses to contributing no more than $2,300 to campaigns which is the same limit that applies to all other individuals. But by borrowing against shared assets, candidates can use their spouses' wealth to provide considerably more help.

McCain told the New York Times Magazine in July that while he wouldn't criticize other candidates for spending their own money, he felt that getting small donations is "part of whether you can succeed or fail."

Wich leads me to the point of this piece. After the airing of Obama's magnificently constructed half hour expose' of how REAL American's, not fictitious "plumber" types planted in the crowd to spin lies and try to stump the candidate; No, I speak of the REAL Americans. The people who have been raped of their livelihoods economically over the past eight years, at the phenomenal and multiple, unconscionable indiscretions by the majority of the Republican party.

You may have already heard McCain's sniveling over Obama not agreeing to keep his "promise" about using "public funds" for his race and insinuating that the astronomical campaign funds Obama has successfully raised and utilized were somehow *fraudulently begotten. As he has already begun, this will likely be the first part of the "why I lost" rant McCain blows out of his ass next Wednesday, November 5th.

But this "my friends", this is the furthest thing from the truth. The funds raised by the Obama campaign and the transparency behind them have NOT come into public question or under any sort of scrutiny. Why? Because Obama received those donations and utilized them the way they were intended to be utilized. To pay for his campaign. Not to clothe and accesorize his frugal backwoods VP and her family. Really...a Louis Vuitton bag for a 10 year old? An LV change purse runs around 600 dollars and a small clutch about 2500! I digress...

Obama consciously chose NOT to take public funds and cap his campaign spending for very good strategic reasons. One being, he did NOT need to do so. The second being, he chose NOT to use the TAX payers dollars when he was already receiving donations that showed the little people found their man and were willing to not just settle for that 10 buck tax form donation to back their guy. Essentially, backing up McCains statement from over a year ago where he said he felt that getting small donations is "part of whether you can succeed or fail."

Barack Obama rejected public funding for the fall presidential campaign yesterday, a dramatic blow to 1970s good-government reform that has been overwhelmed by an explosion of private money.
John McCain confirmed later yesterday that he will take $84.1 million in taxpayer funding for the general election, and accused Obama of reneging on a pledge to do the same. "He has completely reversed himself and gone back, not on his word to me, but the commitment he made to the American people," McCain told reporters.
Obama's decision to become the first major-party candidate to opt out of public financing for the general election frees him to continue his record-shattering, Internet-driven fund-raising until November - and probably to outspend McCain by a vast amount. But it opens the Democrat to accusations of an about-face on past statements that he would take the public grant and limit spending to that amount if the Republican nominee agreed to do likewise.
In a video message to his supporters, Obama explained his reversal by asserting that the public-financing system is irreparably broken and he is instead involving the public through his "grassroots movement" of 1.5 million donors, many of whom give small amounts.
"We face opponents who've become masters at gaming this broken system," he said, contending that McCain is underwritten by lobbyists and special interests, and that his rival will not "stop the smears and attacks from his allies" in independent groups who can raise and spend unlimited funds.
[/i]

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.57 seconds with 37 queries.