ThirdRailForum

• September 22, 2018, 01:36:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Who's got an Xbox 360 and wants to get their shit wrecked?  (Read 8730 times)

plus minus reset

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread -   	 Globalisation and the effect on timber equines
  • Textual Mercenary
Re: Who's got an Xbox 360 and wants to get their shit wrecked?
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2010, 08:39:41 PM »

I remember at school all the nerds arguing about what was the "better" bike...I just used mine to get from A to B and didnt really give a fuck  :tardbus:

Think of it like this:

Consoles are just like a real bike but they run on a rail. You can't leave the rail, it just takes you to the next junction and another rail takes over.

PC gaming is the equivalent of a real bike compared to the above.
You don't know you're wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day.

-Michael Parenti

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2010, 08:40:02 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bym2UkfjMkQ#

Forgot to say...cheers Jimmers...that was the best £10 (TEN FUCKING QUID  :confused: ) that I've ever spent on a game especially as I didnt even have to go down the shops as its d/l on Live.

Its not fancy but the island maps are perfectly designed and most importantly I've never larfed so much playing a game....I'd heard about hilarious Battlefield moments but didnt get it..now I do  :rotf:
Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2010, 08:42:26 PM »

Think of it like this:

Consoles are just like a real bike but they run on a rail. You can't leave the rail, it just takes you to the next junction and another rail takes over.

PC gaming is the equivalent of a real bike compared to the above.

BF:BC2 has exactly the same maps on both PC and Xbox  :uhuh:
Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread -   	 Globalisation and the effect on timber equines
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2010, 08:45:04 PM »

It's a pretty little release but it doesn't compare to the depth and scope of the PC simulation.

1C, who released Il-2 originally, is working on an even better sequel called "Storm of War, the Battle of Britain" and from what I've read on their forums it will take the game (which revolutionised WW2 flight sims as a genre to the extent of killing all competition for 10 years) to a whole new level.

-Michael Parenti

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2010, 08:46:01 PM »

BF:BC2 has exactly the same maps on both PC and Xbox  :uhuh:

Do you know what mods are?

-Michael Parenti

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2010, 08:47:16 PM »

As Pauline Hanson once said.....

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2010, 08:51:45 PM »

In PC games you can change the source code to change and add material.

Back in the day, when BF1942 came out, it had a built in editor so people could make their own maps and what-not. The result was a complete community overhaul of the game called Desert Combat which brought modern era stuff into the game and totally kicked arse.

BF2 was, and still is, modded into 'Project Reality' which greatly improved the game and kept people playing it years after they had forgotten scores of console titles.

I'm not sure what will happen with BC2 but what will happen is only limited by the creativity of the game community and not by what some marketer at Microsoft wants you to have.

-Michael Parenti

rancidmilko

• Supreme Ruler
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • rancidmilko makes good points.rancidmilko makes good points.rancidmilko makes good points.rancidmilko makes good points.rancidmilko makes good points.rancidmilko makes good points.rancidmilko makes good points.rancidmilko makes good points.rancidmilko makes good points.
  • Fan of: Nunya
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2010, 08:55:23 PM »

Did you see what Microsoft do with people that unlocked their 360?
Off LIVE you go.
A console is great if you have tons of cache to spend on games only to discover that a couple were worth it.
Your console dies, you die. You can always change your mobo or video card.
In the long run, do we spend more on PC equipment? Probably so.
But you can do only 100000000x more stuff on a PC than in a console.
The last console that was worth buying was the PSX.
After that, PC gaming became the best option for the TRUE gamers ;D
Screen shot from my games folder

Habeeb Habab

• Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Habeeb Habab probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2010, 08:57:14 PM »

Did you see what Microsoft do with people that unlocked their 360?
Off LIVE you go.
A console is great if you have tons of cache to spend on games only to discover that a couple were worth it.
Your console dies, you die. You can always change your mobo or video card.
In the long run, do we spend more on PC equipment? Probably so.
But you can do only 100000000x more stuff on a PC than in a console.
The last console that was worth buying was the PSX.
After that, PC gaming became the best option for the TRUE gamers ;D
Screen shot from my games folder

Like I say... Console = Cheap seat.

You get what you pay.

rancidmilko

• Supreme Ruler
  • rancidmilko makes good points.rancidmilko makes good points.rancidmilko makes good points.rancidmilko makes good points.rancidmilko makes good points.rancidmilko makes good points.rancidmilko makes good points.rancidmilko makes good points.rancidmilko makes good points.
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2010, 08:59:38 PM »

In PC games you can change the source code to change and add material.

Back in the day, when BF1942 came out, it had a built in editor so people could make their own maps and what-not. The result was a complete community overhaul of the game called Desert Combat which brought modern era stuff into the game and totally kicked arse.

BF2 was, and still is, modded into 'Project Reality' which greatly improved the game and kept people playing it years after they had forgotten scores of console titles.

I'm not sure what will happen with BC2 but what will happen is only limited by the creativity of the game community and not by what some marketer at Microsoft wants you to have.

The freedom you experience in PC games are just HUGE compared to console.
How many games allow you to build your own maps?
I was building levels for DOOM 2 and putting my teacher's pics on the face of the monsters by altering the maps back in 1995.
Meanwhile, dorks would think their Sega Genesis was the sweetest thing in the world.
Spending money to buy another console in 8 games  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

rancidmilko

• Supreme Ruler
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2010, 09:00:31 PM »

Like I say... Console = Cheap seat.

You get what you pay.

I have like what, 2k dollars worth of games there?  :grin:

rancidmilko

• Supreme Ruler
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2010, 09:01:28 PM »

And of course, the PC emulates EVERYTHING from the arcade to the PS2.
Trying doing that, XDORX

Habeeb Habab

• Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Habeeb Habab probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2010, 09:01:43 PM »

The freedom you experience in PC games are just HUGE compared to console.
How many games allow you to build your own maps?
I was building levels for DOOM 2 and putting my teacher's pics on the face of the monsters by altering the maps back in 1995.
Meanwhile, dorks would think their Sega Genesis was the sweetest thing in the world.
Spending money to buy another console in 8 games  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You college grad talking to 6th grader about game.

Should Habeeb post pics of rig?  :snick:

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2010, 09:02:11 PM »

Thats all truly great but I've currently got a game with crystal clear graphics, unbelievable sound, all the guns I want, M1A1 Abrams tanks, Bradleys, Russian tanks and fighting vehicles, quad bikes, jet ski's, Apache helicopters, r/c UAV's, completely destructable buildings and massive superbly detailed maps with well thought out choke points combined with a communication system to Jedediah in Arkansas...I'm perfectly happy with that.

rancidmilko

• Supreme Ruler
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2010, 09:03:18 PM »

Thats all truly great but I've currently got a game with crystal clear graphics, unbelievable sound, all the guns I want, M1A1 Abrams tanks, Bradleys, Russian tanks and fighting vehicles, quad bikes, jet ski's, Apache helicopters, r/c UAV's, completely destructable buildings and massive superbly detailed maps with well thought out choke points combined with a communication system to Jedediah in Arkansas...I'm perfectly happy with that.

Ok, we all thank you supporting the game industry and keeping us free loaders happy  :grin:

Habeeb will take a steak dinner.

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2010, 09:12:04 PM »

Your console dies, you die.

I almost cry when I see the kids on the xbox forum I post at going on about being able to get a game next month...I'm a spoiled shit, I'll buy a game and if I don't like it I'll give it away to one of the nippers in our street so I guess I fit the "disposable" Xbox tag.

I was also aware of the red ring of death so I bought a second hand fucker...a year and a half later shes roaring on.

I consider gaming an important part of my life...have done for over 20 years...one day I will get a pukka gaming rig to see what all the fuss is about and I will be blown away but I havent bothered so far because I've been completely chuffed with what I've had.

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2010, 09:13:42 PM »

Wow, you are going to shit brix when you wake up and see that the door to your cage is open.

-Michael Parenti

rancidmilko

• Supreme Ruler
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2010, 09:18:22 PM »

I almost cry when I see the kids on the xbox forum I post at going on about being able to get a game next month...I'm a spoiled shit, I'll buy a game and if I don't like it I'll give it away to one of the nippers in our street so I guess I fit the "disposable" Xbox tag.

I was also aware of the red ring of death so I bought a second hand fucker...a year and a half later shes roaring on.

I consider gaming an important part of my life...have done for over 20 years...one day I will get a pukka gaming rig to see what all the fuss is about and I will be blown away but I havent bothered so far because I've been completely chuffed with what I've had.

My kid got one from his grandma when he returned from the States last February.
While he enjoyed it there, since he had nothing else to play, over here it's gathering dust somewhere.
He got 5 games with it, including Pure, which's one of my favorite, but 2, INCLUDING Pure, didn't work.
I could spend 80 bucks and have it unlocked and pay the equivalent to 10 dollars down here for pirated games.
But instead, he still has a blast with his old Core2DUO and Nvidia 8800
And I REALLY hate controllers.

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2010, 09:19:26 PM »

Wow, you are going to shit brix when you wake up and see that the door to your cage is open.

Oh aye...I aint stupid guv, I know fully well that I'm living in a tent in Central Park thinking everything is awesome when Broadway is down the road.

The one thing that is fucking me off is the community...its a non stop tsunami of Yank kids calling everyone nigger  :hammer:

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2010, 09:23:33 PM »

And I REALLY hate controllers.

...thats the other thing...I cant wrap my head around how a mouse can be anywhere near as organic as a snug fitting controller with actually triggers.

I keep reading how PC gamers really miss their mouse...I cant figure that out at all.  I've meant to ask this of someone....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.424 seconds with 36 queries.