ThirdRailForum

• November 20, 2017, 06:33:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What do y'all think about the new look?  (Read 2268 times)

plus minus reset

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 390
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
What do y'all think about the new look?
« on: October 30, 2008, 04:47:56 PM »

I updated the board to the latest version and probably should have installed it to begin with instead of waiting for more features to be released but everything is still a work in progress.

Lot's more features will be added in the coming days, most important of all, the arcade which I have been having all kinds of problems with errors and codes but i'll keep trying until i have exhausted everything. In the meantime, you may see some parse error pages for a minute or two since I want to avoid continually putting the forum in maintenance mode unless it will be down for a long time. (If you get a screen saying that you can't connect or find the board, that is just a busy server error. Try again in 10 secs).

I would like to know what you guys think of the new look and if you want me to install the rep system like at FC or just leave it the way it is right now. As of now, no one can see or leave any rep comments so all you get is a + or - added to your score. The reason for that is because that module or mod has not been released for this version of the board and probably won't so either we keep it the way it is or adopt the same system as I installed at FC.

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
Re: What do y'all think about the new look?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 05:29:17 PM »

I like it. My only complaint is that when I'm in unread posts, I can't read the thread titles because it's too dark. I guess I can change that on my end, though.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 05:33:48 PM »

I like it. My only complaint is that when I'm in unread posts, I can't read the thread titles because it's too dark. I guess I can change that on my end, though.

Hmm, I see what you mean. I'll try to change that later on but for now, you can hover your cursor over the title and it will change colors to red.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 05:36:24 PM »

Yeah, I've just been highlighting the whole page. I'm shmart like that.

Uh, also? My smilies aren't working. I'm using Firefox.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 05:58:40 PM »

What do you mean they arent working? Cant you see this?

:uhuh: :hammer: :goatse: :huh:

:wheelchair:   :sheep:

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 06:25:39 PM »

I can see em, I just can't insert em.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 06:32:36 PM »

Why not? What happens when you click them? If nothing happens then it's prolly something with your browser settings. Try typing the smiley code like

: lol:

(without the space)

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 06:57:54 PM »

:Roll Eyes: :LMAO: :rotl: :Wheelchair:

Friggin' lot of work. I'll check my browser settings, they were fine yesterday.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 06:59:27 PM »

AND it didn't work. Where's my shawl, it's getting chilly in here.

Wait...

...what?

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 09:05:42 PM »

lol, none of those are codes for our smileys. I guess you have to know them if you can't click them but you can try the one i posted without the space and see if that works.

Here, just add the : at the end..

:rotf  :vc  :turd  :grin

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 09:21:51 PM »

You all will need to input your political tilt again on your profile page if you want it to show. The good news is that you can add your color. Follow this format:

[c0lor=firebrick]your tilt here

For the dimwitted, replace the 0 with an o.

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 09:48:07 PM »

i like the new look. i really personally liked the mauve-y peachy theme because i'm kinda girly girl like that, but it was too girly-girl for a forum.
i think the rep system works well with comments, but i don't think the flow of karma is that relevant or contingent on the forums success so either way is fine by me.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2008, 02:14:06 AM »

Ok, the problem with the smileys not working was because of using the older themes which are not compatible with this board version so it has been fixed by getting rid of them. For now, we either have this dark theme or a couple of light themes which work better for those of you on web tv.  :vc:

As for the rep system, no matter what people say about it publicly, EVERYONE wants to see their rep comments so i expect you most of you are going to want it but I'll reserve judgment until more people weigh in one way or the other.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 216
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 07:53:39 AM »

OK so im dumb. So how do you pm people and why cant I see Bra1ns profile?

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 10:54:27 AM »

Okay so it WASN'T my retardedness, thank you very much.

I don't get karma because nobody loves a libertarian so I really don't care, but it would be nice to see it on the off chance someone smites me.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2008, 10:54:52 AM »

Oh yeah and I can't see any profiles either.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2008, 11:00:34 AM »

Naughty VC, bad VC. give me my pm functions back you black hearted trollope.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 11:31:36 AM »

It's currently set up to where you need 5 posts to view someone's profile and give karma but your group wasnt set up right, Mo, so I fixed it. You should be able to see it now.

I have no idea why Cookie can't send a PM. Well I do but we're suppose to limit flaming to topical discussions.  :lol:

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 12:07:36 PM »

Fanks, Bra1n.

I thought Cookie said "BM." I need glasses. :grin:

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 02:41:14 PM »

It's currently set up to where you need 5 posts to view someone's profile and give karma but your group wasnt set up right, Mo, so I fixed it. You should be able to see it now.

I have no idea why Cookie can't send a PM. Well I do but we're suppose to limit flaming to topical discussions.  :lol:

I am not here to flame or troll, not to say i wont though. pm seems to work now and with inverted nipples demise i may have to send a threatening pm to vc demanding she be my sex sllave and such. lol
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.257 seconds with 36 queries.