dunk

ThirdRailForum

• December 15, 2018, 03:19:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

CELEBRATING A DECADE OF TEXTUAL EXCREMENT!

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Final Presidential Debate  (Read 3833 times)

plus minus reset

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 331
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 100 Replies - cas vs kur100 Replies - Attn caskurt500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
The Final Presidential Debate
« on: October 14, 2008, 04:49:23 PM »

Isn't it tonight? I haven't seen anything to confirm it today. I might miss the pre-show hype and part of it live if it is tonight due to my schedule.

#PutYourBabyinMe

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
Re: The Final Presidential Debate
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 07:56:39 PM »

It's tomorrow night. Not much hype surrounding it. I think it is safe to say it's a waste of time. I hope Schieffer will pull teeth to get more specifics and I'm really interested in seeing how and if McCains integrity will be called on as far as his campaigns direction and all the fear and hate it is stirring up.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The third and final presidential debate is shaping up to be a make-or-break appearance for both Sens. John McCain and Barack Obama, one of the last chances to get their message out to undecided voters.

The debate, taking place at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York, begins at 9 p.m. ET Wednesday and will be aired live on CNN and CNN.com.

The 90-minute face-off will undoubtedly focus on the economic crisis plaguing the country.

And unlike at the other two debates, the candidates will sit at a table facing one another.

CBS News' Bob Schieffer, host of "Face the Nation," will moderate the debate and told The Associated Press on Sunday that he will be seeking more on what each will bring to the presidency.

"By now, we've all heard their talking points," he said. "We've heard the general outlines of what they are talking about. The time has come to be a little more specific."

Schieffer said he's not reluctant to get both candidates to stick to the question.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - cas vs kur100 Replies - Attn caskurt500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 08:56:56 PM »

Schieffer sounds like he's not going to take any shit like the others did. Let's hope that he can channel the spirit of Tim Russert.

BTW, wtf?? You actually capitalized words!

#PutYourBabyinMe

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 09:04:04 PM »

I saw him on Jon Stewart prior to the first debate. Out of all the moderators I think he is the most effervescent, lmao! I know that isn't saying much, but I think him having the last input will put more pressure on him with comparison to the abysmal outcome of the other two debates.

After watching parts of the first two on my DVR before deleting them, I noticed McCain pretty much does the same thing as Palin, in that he's just grabbing a keyword in the questioning and reciting the spin he has stored in his memory even if it is not totally relevant to the answer.

KingChile

• Yellowbeard
  • Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • KingChile probably just rolled in here.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Projectile Vomit vs Caskur voting100+ Reply Thread - Flametown : past it's used by date?
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 12:12:35 PM »

If I were a US citizen, I'd vote Obama. McCain seems to be more interested in rocking the Obama boat than focusing on solutions. McCain's camp are bagging Obama and his past afilliations which is funny considering there is a member of McCain's team that once worked for Saddam Hussein. I don't know if Obama would make a good president...or McCain for that matter. They both appear to be your typical politician types who will do and say anything to get into office. The real test will be how the elected President performs on the job. As far as the debate goes, I think Obama will win.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 07:42:15 PM »

They're having it at Hofstra University, which is about 20 minutes from me by car. I was seriously considering going to lurk in the parking lot and throw rotten veggies at McCain and his minions, but Manfriend said the bail would be too high and we'd have to skip the Sisters of Mercy at Webster Hall, so I decided to listen to it on the radio instead.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 07:46:39 PM »

I'm super psyched for the debate this evening. I know it will likely be a bust just like the last 2 (3 if you count Palins over glorified speech), but I'm dying to see if McCain "brings it" to Obama.

The pundit speculation has him damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I have very little respect for an old man who will publicly rally the ignorant with such desperate tactics and then turn and smile in another mans face and try to ignore his own contemptuous behavior he so boisterously displayed hours and days earlier.

I will likely remain here during the debate to add my insightful commentary, lol!

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 07:52:13 PM »

I have no respect for a man who says he wants a Constitutional amendment making all abortions illegal and, when asked if he realizes women will go to back alleys and likely die, says "Yes." Asshelmet.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 09:02:26 PM »

There are just so many aspects of McCain's campaign that I can not connect with, that I find fault with, and that in general just disgust me. It's not only the issues he stands for or the pathetic tactics he's lowered his standards with, it's his whole demeanor.

When I listen and watch Obama and Biden, even though I do not necessarily agree with all of their idea's and POV's, I ALWAYS feel like they both have a greater understanding for the topics which they speak about. I don't ever get that impression from either McCain or Palin. Whenever I listen to them, I always feel as though they've been heavily briefed and tutored and still have no idea about the depths of which they speak of.

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 09:29:12 PM »

Did this asshole McCain just ask Obama to repudiate the comments of others who associated him with the bad guys AFTER his own fucking running mate associated Obama with a fucking TERRORIST and terrorist activities??!! After even his OWN WIFE riled up the masses with negativity and fear?!?

UNFUCKING-BELIEVABLE!

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 09:44:46 PM »

Ugh! I can NOT believe these bastards dare to exploit a Down Syndrome child in the name of a presidential campaign!

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 10:06:00 PM »

OK..I'm a few minutes behind because I paused, but at this point I commend Bob's efforts! Best debate yet, GREAT questions! McCain is still focused on pointing out spuriously exaggerated opinions on Obama's past and policies and sniping him at every opportunity that he can. All he is doing aside from reverberating with negativity for Barry, is name dropping as usual and his gollum like stumping. He points out issues and says they need to be fixed, but doesn't offer any means of an explanation surrounding just how he will fix them.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 10:39:46 PM »

Well, that's a wrap. Before I get filtered by the TV pundits let me say that I thought this was the best debate for Obama and the worst for McCain as far as appearances and presentation AND substance.

Obama seemed completely as ease and had no difficulty answering the questions whereas McCain seemed condescending and bitter throughout. His voice wavered the entire debate and he stumbled several times trying to get out his rehearsed lines. I kind of started feeling sorry for him. As for who looked more presidential, i'd say it wasnt even close - Obama.

As far as the substance, Omaba did his best yet of directly rebutting the negative attacks of McCain including the Ayers bit while being on the offensive himself. McCain just came across as either stupid or not paying attention a lot of the time when he kept repeating the same talking points that Obama just dispelled like case in point, saying that small business would have to pay a fine for not having insurance and then repeating it right after Obama said no, that he would exempt them from any fine.

Great job by the moderator too while remaining neutral. I wish this guy would have done the other debates.

#PutYourBabyinMe

KingChile

• Yellowbeard
  • Quaestor
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Projectile Vomit vs Caskur voting100+ Reply Thread - Flametown : past it's used by date?
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 10:52:01 PM »

Ah McCain,you've done it again!  :grin:

Boss

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 11:00:58 PM »

This debate was just a final chance for McCain to make an idiot of himself, thinking he could make a comeback when the majority of unbiased polls show him eating Obama's dust.  Who does he think he is, Ronald Reagan?

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 11:08:17 PM »

Ah McCain,you've done it again!  :grin:

Leave it to my pal to sum it up nicely with a poignant picture! Ahahaha!! Great work!

I agree with both Boss and Brian. McCain, to me, just floundered. I mean really! He wants to employ the retired military to educate our youth?! Without any sort of formal education to back their qualification? What the FUCK was that all about? This man is living in the past clearly. He should concede now!  :lmao:

I just heard McCain even botched Joe the Plumbers last name, hehehehe!

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 11:18:44 PM »

Oh, about this Joe the Plummer and Joe Six Pack concerted nonsense that the McCain campaign keeps clinging to in the debates...

The fact that they think they can use someone like "Joe the Plummer" to convince people that they are for the every day working person as though they are directly talking to them which of course represents most voters is I think so 1960s antiquated, and so insulting to the intelligence of the audience that it shows just how out of touch they are with people and how form and appearances always takes precedence over substance with them.

I dont know how many times he mentioned Joe the Plummer but if you want to see why he comes across as the proverbial disingenuous politician who will say and do anything to get elected, including saying he opposes his own immigration bill which he drafted and tried to get passed, voting for passage of Wallsteet bill and then later the same night saying that the President should veto it because of the pork it contained (also knowing there wasnt a chance in hell that would happen) and attacking Obama for running ads that are negative on McCains's insurance, economic and health policies only to turn around and link him to a 1970's terrorist that has no relevance to being president, look no further than Joe the Plummer. What a disgrace this once fine man has turned into.

#PutYourBabyinMe

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 11:37:14 PM »

What I truly find insulting and vile on so many different levels, is the fact that both McCain and Palin have made the conscious decision to drag in the fact that Palin has a special needs offspring.
As if in some way, much like her governorship, the 5 or 6 months she has raised this child, some how qualifies her and the McCain ticket to speak about how imperative it is to address these children.

I take issue with that low road for so many reasons. For starters, just because it is an issue Palin directly deals with on a day to day basis, now it becomes a platform that should be integrated into the campaign? If the child had a cleft palate, how would that have been twisted to accommodate their agenda? PATHETIC.

Secondly, as I mentioned, she has not even raised this child for an entire year, she has absolutely no idea what the real hurdles or expenses will be. The simple fact that McCain continues to address autistic children in the same breath as Palin's Down's child, is just god damned ridiculous and indicative of his knowledge surrounding a syndrome that is genetically afflicted verses an intellectual condition that has yet to be determined what even causes it!

I've advocated for special needs children on an educational level. They absolutely require additional programs and staff to assist their successful integration into public schools. This is a platform that was absorbed as a matter of convenience and devised as a desperate last ditch effort to appeal to the parents of children who struggle daily with the bureaucratic system of education that needs serious reform and financing on both a state and a federal governmental plain.

KingChile

• Yellowbeard
  • Quaestor
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 11:47:17 PM »

For me this was not even close. Everything about Mc Cain comes across to me as plain wrong. I feel sorry for the voters who may be considering voting his way. I hope it's a landslide. I wouldnt want a clueless old fossil like him leading your country...he's a tool.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 11:48:26 PM »

What I truly find insulting and vile on so many different levels, is the fact that both McCain and Palin have made the conscious decision to drag in the fact that Palin has a special needs offspring.
As if in some way, much like her governorship, the 5 or 6 months she has raised this child, some how qualifies her and the McCain ticket to speak about how imperative it is to address these children.

I take issue with that low road for so many reasons. For starters, just because it is an issue Palin directly deals with on a day to day basis, now it becomes a platform that should be integrated into the campaign? If the child had a cleft palate, how would that have been twisted to accommodate their agenda? PATHETIC.

Right! Once again it's form over substance in trying to pull the wool over the American people but it only works with the narrow minded conservatives who are by nature for preserving the staus quo and would be inclined to vote for him anyways.

I thought Obama crushed him debate wise when after McCain gave his feel good speech about doing more to help special needs children and how Palin is imminently qualified to handle those issues, Obama made the point that under the spending freeze that McCain just announce he would make, he wouldnt be able to spend the money and do all the things he just talked about. Not a penny more of spending under a freeze!

That's really like a check mate. Either McCain has to concede that the spending freeze was a bad idea after all as Obama said earlier, or he has to admit that he will not be able to do shit for autistic children like he talked about other than to give them lip service during his presidential bid.

#PutYourBabyinMe

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 11:59:02 PM »

For me this was not even close. Everything about Mc Cain comes across to me as plain wrong. I feel sorry for the voters who may be considering voting his way. I hope it's a landslide. I wouldnt want a clueless old fossil like him leading your country...he's a tool.

I agree. It makes me physically ill when I think about the people out there who identify with McCain and the nature of his campaign. The poll's predict a landslide, but CRAZY things are have been known to happen. This will be an excellent indicator of exactly how far the American people have overcome deeply ingrained bigotry and racism.

KingChile

• Yellowbeard
  • Quaestor
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 12:12:49 AM »

The power is in your hands (I refer to all US voters) to vote in your own best interests.

Voters must be honest with themselves and make the right choice...if they don't they will only be hurting themselves. In Australia we have a tool in charge who was voted in as a reaction against a long serving Liberal government...these same people who voted him in are now lamenting that choice. It's important never to react but to think things through with your vote. Also, party loyalty can be a dangerous thing that can bring people to vote against common sense. Look at what almost happened in relation to the bank bailout bill also in the US. I tend to vote liberal in Australian elections but will break from that if I feel that what they are offering is not the best available, most sensible choice.

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 12:18:24 AM »

Right! Once again it's form over substance in trying to pull the wool over the American people but it only works with the narrow minded conservatives who are by nature for preserving the staus quo and would be inclined to vote for him anyways.

I thought Obama crushed him debate wise when after McCain gave his feel good speech about doing more to help special needs children and how Palin is imminently qualified to handle those issues, Obama made the point that under the spending freeze that McCain just announce he would make, he wouldnt be able to spend the money and do all the things he just talked about. Not a penny more of spending under a freeze!

That's really like a check mate. Either McCain has to concede that the spending freeze was a bad idea after all as Obama said earlier, or he has to admit that he will not be able to do shit for autistic children like he talked about other than to give them lip service during his presidential bid.

This is exactly what I meant about O'Biden being confident in their understanding and knowledge when they speak. They get the issues. They understand that everything can not possibly be fixed in 4 years. They admit there is going to be a need to prioritize the issues and address the most important ones. They are not going to try and blow smoke by salaciously proclaiming they can fix every single one of the enormity of issues that plague us on one hand then divert attentions with fear and hate tactics on the other.

I agree with their list of priorities. I'm not sure about the means they wish to employ in fixing them as only the economy will dictate exactly what direction they will be able to go, but they've acknowledged enough for me and show they really understand the detriments that need action.

McCain is running a race that would have been more befitting to the ideals of 20 years ago. He is narrow minded and misguided with too many conflicting ideals that he isn't clear about.

I agree Obama took this debate hands down. He was calm, cool, and collected and continued his even keel and refused to even down Palin when the door was blown off the hinges for him! To me, that exemplified a quick thinking, respectful gentleman who continues to try and run this race without the negative personal attacks, EVEN after that douche bag tried to instigate such hatred for him and pretty much insured he will be assassinated during the inauguration. :vc:

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 12:30:30 AM »

To me, that exemplified a quick thinking, respectful gentleman who continues to try and run this race without the negative personal attacks, EVEN after that douche bag tried to instigate such hatred for him and pretty much insured he will be assassinated during the inauguration. :vc:

That's going to be bad part of an Obama presidency is the fear and worrying that he will be assassinated before completing his term. There are lots of uneducated whack jobs out there who think he is a Muslim, a socialist and some kind of threat this country not to mention the racist groups and Im almost sure that someone will at least attempt some shit. On the one hand you have Obama who is the focus of so much ignorant hate and on the other, a 72 year old man who has had like 5 cancers already.

The SS is going to have their work cut out but I think theyre up to task. At least I hope they are. I saw a thing on the Military Channel i think, where they have a mock city complete with crowds where they train at to handle all types of situations and it's really amazing how much detail they plan and prepare for.

#PutYourBabyinMe

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2008, 12:32:56 AM »

The power is in your hands (I refer to all US voters) to vote in your own best interests.

Voters must be honest with themselves and make the right choice...if they don't they will only be hurting themselves. In Australia we have a tool in charge who was voted in as a reaction against a long serving Liberal government...these same people who voted him in are now lamenting that choice. It's important never to react but to think things through with your vote. Also, party loyalty can be a dangerous thing that can bring people to vote against common sense. Look at what almost happened in relation to the bank bailout bill also in the US. I tend to vote liberal in Australian elections but will break from that if I feel that what they are offering is not the best available, most sensible choice.

My goodness! That was extremely well put K.Chile! I'm impressed and glad you posted that insight. I'm not sure how much of the last board you read, but Torch, Brian and I are all Republicans who have studied the situation and have subscribed to exactly what you've said above. Obama is a Democrat. I've never once cast a Democratic vote. I almost want to write Obama's name across my forehead with a sharpie on November 4th (election day) and pirouette nekkid through the streets, after I vote.  :vc:

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 12:49:31 AM »

That's going to be bad part of an Obama presidency is the fear and worrying that he will be assassinated before completing his term. There are lots of uneducated whack jobs out there who think he is a Muslim, a socialist and some kind of threat this country not to mention the racist groups and Im almost sure that someone will at least attempt some shit. On the one hand you have Obama who is the focus of so much ignorant hate and on the other, a 72 year old man who has had like 5 cancers already.

The SS is going to have their work cut out but I think theyre up to task. At least I hope they are. I saw a thing on the Military Channel i think, where they have a mock city complete with crowds where they train at to handle all types of situations and it's really amazing how much detail they plan and prepare for.

I really wondered about the SS. Are the men who shadow all four candidates privately employed by the campaigns or are they governmental SS?? Some of them look a little shady to me, I notice these things! LOL!

I'm very upset about the turn McCains campaign took. I know I predicted it was going to get extremely ugly, I just DID NOT for a single moment, anticipate it would get this downright dirty. I'm beside myself that the collective social leaps we've taken with regard to "differences", were so easily dismantled to a portion of the population who only needed a nudge in that direction. There was even a man who proudly wrapped an Obama sticker around the head of a stuffed monkey and displayed it obnoxiously in front of a television camera at a McCain rally! Talk about the need for repudiation!

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2008, 02:31:32 AM »

I really wondered about the SS. Are the men who shadow all four candidates privately employed by the campaigns or are they governmental SS?? Some of them look a little shady to me, I notice these things! LOL!

The government provides SS protection for all involved and have been doing so for some time. I just remembered, I think the thing i saw was on CNN and was about the personal physician of the President which is ALWAYS near them in case some shit comes up and how they have things set up right up to having a Navy carrier ship on standby when he travels oversees just in case they have to perform emergency surgery. The physician has an all access pass to the White House including to the Presidential bedroom. It was really interesting to see how far they have come over the years and how many presidents actually died from improper medical treatment.

But getting back to McCain, I was watching part of the debate replay and his performance comes off even worse as i initially thought. He is so dimwitted and myopic that he just doesnt see how stupid he sounds when he says the things he says about someone else which applies just as well to him and Palin. It reminds me of that moment where Lieberman has to whisper to him the difference between al-qaeda and Iranian shias after his blunder. If no one had told him, he would have been clueless as to how idiotic he sounded to those who know about the subject over his head that he was talking about. It's like that just about I hear him talk.

I'll give you some examples from tonight. He always mentions his canned lines that he is a maverick and has the battle scars to prove it. Tonight, after Obama made mention of Bush, McCain went as far as to scold Obama that if he wanted to run against Bush that he should have run four years ago and then proceeded to rattle off a list of programs that he has disagreed with the President in the worst orchestrated moment of the night.

What I would have loved to see Obama say is that he just rattled off the 10% of the votes where he voted against the administration. If he (Obama) sat there and listed the 90% of the time where he voted the same way as Bush's policies, then he'd be there all night. And that is the point that McCain cannot escape - he voted with the fucking President who took this country down the toilet 90 percent of the fucking time! Do we really need more of that? Are you going to tell me that 10% of the times record indicates a departure from the Bush administration is a sufficient change to get us out of the mess we're in?

Another time, he tried to interpose the charged liberal term "redistribution of wealth" vis-a-vis Obama's tax policy to feed into the foolishness that Obama is some kind of left wing socialist liberal and talks about how Obama wants to take money from businesses through higher taxes and give it to other people but what the fuck did his running mate do in Alaska with the oil companies? HELLO?

The exact same thing! She passed a windfall profits tax as soon as she became governor to tax the oil tar out of them and gave thousands of dollars back to every citizen which of course earned her the high approval ratings and will insure she is reelected. But what the fuck is that called if not redistribution of wealth, Sen McCain?

McCain talked about how businesses are overtaxed in the US and how it's much better in Ireland and how that drives them away, well he should have a talk with his own running mate because she is driving the oil companies out of her state with her Hugo Chavez populist tax policy and they said so on the record that if Alaska continues to tax like that, they will look to mover their operations and jobs to another state. Only McCain is too stupid see the implications of what he is attacking Obama with.

I swear, just about every time he opens his mouth and says something, I can think of how the same concept applies to him and the policies he stands for. He criticizes Russia for invading and occupying a non-threatening country but what the fuck are we doing in Iraq? Where are the WMDs that were suppose to be a threat against the entire free world and why are we still there 6 years after giving up looking for them?

He lectures them about respecting the sovereignty of international borders, what the fuck are we doing in Pakistan every other day shooting missiles from drone planes? He talks about cutting pork and how he's against all pork but he just voted for the Wallstreet bailout bill which is loaded with it! Where the fuck was he to fight the pork in that?

He calls the Afghan resistant fighters that the US once supported against Russia "freedom fighters" but the same fucking freedom fighters fighting us to drive us out of the same fucking country are now terrorists. When we gave aid to them, it was perfectly good US policy to drive the Russian invaders and occupiers out of their land but when Iran gives the same kind of aid to the shia fighters in Iraq, they are an evil terrorist country. What kind of goofball running for President would say such irreconcilably stupid things like that?

Someone more intellectually aggressive like myself or Olbermann would have a field day ripping his asshole out in a debate. He's just lucky that Obama has a non-combative demeanor and a strictly professional, non personal approach. I think even Biden would rip him apart too because McCain is nothing more than a bottom 2 percenter who isnt sharp by any stretch and just happens to be in his position because he's been in the Senate for 26 years and people know his name but not because of any intellectual prowess or anything approaching a brilliant mind for solving problems.

#PutYourBabyinMe

KingChile

• Yellowbeard
  • Quaestor
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2008, 03:21:34 AM »

I almost want to write Obama's name across my forehead with a sharpie on November 4th (election day) and pirouette nekkid through the streets, after I vote.  :vc:

I'd like to see that. If you wanted to you could write Obama on your tits with lipstick, get yourself two large nipplerings and a bead necklace...put on a horse mask then gallop around the voting area with your boobs flopping in the breeze.  :grin:

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2008, 07:09:10 AM »

I'd like to see that. If you wanted to you could write Obama on your tits with lipstick, get yourself two large nipplerings and a bead necklace...put on a horse mask then gallop around the voting area with your boobs flopping in the breeze.  :grin:

Hey! I was gonna do that!

So yeah, last night my cable went out again - we had no TV, no internet and no phone. I have no idea what was said during the debate and I'm going to have to listen to it at some point today, but I've read all of your comments and frankly, it went better for Obama than even I had dared to hope if what you're saying is accurate.

The entire Down Syndrome issue with Palin has made my skin crawl for months now, as well.  The woman (and her husband, clearly) seems to view her family as a political aid. The baby has Down Syndrome, I'm such a selfless martyr taking care of this poor wretched child, aren't I wonderful, and I could have had an abortion.  My teenage daughter is pregnant, and now I'm forcing her to marry for the sake of the campaign, because I'm all pro-life and would never allow her to make any other decision even though this will ruin her life, I'm willing to help her raise my grandbaby, aren't I wonderful?  The reality is that this woman likely spends about as much time raising her kids as I spend darning socks, which is NOT MUCH. I'm fairly sure that the governor, even of Alaska, has nannies and other household help.  Her use of her children as a tool for election is just despicable.

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2008, 08:32:13 AM »

:rotf: Thanks for that clown! Now where the hell am I gonna get myself a horse mask and some beads??

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2008, 08:38:51 AM »

I have a spare.

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2008, 08:48:24 AM »

Hey! I was gonna do that!

So yeah, last night my cable went out again - we had no TV, no internet and no phone. I have no idea what was said during the debate and I'm going to have to listen to it at some point today, but I've read all of your comments and frankly, it went better for Obama than even I had dared to hope if what you're saying is accurate.

The entire Down Syndrome issue with Palin has made my skin crawl for months now, as well.  The woman (and her husband, clearly) seems to view her family as a political aid. The baby has Down Syndrome, I'm such a selfless martyr taking care of this poor wretched child, aren't I wonderful, and I could have had an abortion.  My teenage daughter is pregnant, and now I'm forcing her to marry for the sake of the campaign, because I'm all pro-life and would never allow her to make any other decision even though this will ruin her life, I'm willing to help her raise my grandbaby, aren't I wonderful?  The reality is that this woman likely spends about as much time raising her kids as I spend darning socks, which is NOT MUCH. I'm fairly sure that the governor, even of Alaska, has nannies and other household help.  Her use of her children as a tool for election is just despicable.

I don't think you really missed much. Obama stuck with his guns. He refuted and quashed McCains slurry of desperation attacks and like Brian mentioned above, McCain was his usual asshat of a self. He is an angry, negative old man and he is grasping at straws now. He is like an old dog with hip dysplasia and parvo and should be put down.  :vc:

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2008, 12:58:19 PM »

The fascinating thing about this whole thing is how people look it so differently according to their own perception. Ive seen people say 'oh McCain won hands down' and talk about how he forcefully set Obama straight that he wasn't running against Bush as a victory cry which is to say that those people are swayed by superficial appearances and dont have an ounce of depth to them.

Even though Obama didnt clown McCain about the 10% disagreement with Bush that he was rattling off as cogently as I did here, the fact remains that he DID make the point that Bush has taken our country into the shit tank AND that McCain has agree with Bush's policy 90% of time.

Ergo, despite the 10% of the times that McCain wants to focus on and his bitter imitation of Lloyd Benston to scold Obama about how he should have ran against Bush 4 years ago, he cannot escape the fact the he and Bush are close to political DNA matches when it comes to their policies.

Maybe the idealogical supporters and the dimwitted don't get or understand that but every time he stammers through his defensive talking points about how he isn't Bush and rattles off the maverick laundry list of the 10% of things that he disagreed with Bush on, I just have to shake my head and wonder about the people who buy into that heap of sophistry.

#PutYourBabyinMe

RizenPhoeniz

• Quaestor
  • RizenPhoeniz probably just rolled in here.
  • Relentless, Focused, Determined
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2008, 02:56:45 PM »

Ugh! I can NOT believe these bastards dare to exploit a Down Syndrome child in the name of a presidential campaign!
Why would that suprise you? They exploit us every single day?

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2008, 04:50:40 PM »

The fascinating thing about this whole thing is how people look it so differently according to their own perception. Ive seen people say 'oh McCain won hands down' and talk about how he forcefully set Obama straight that he wasn't running against Bush as a victory cry which is to say that those people are swayed by superficial appearances and dont have an ounce of depth to them.

Even though Obama didnt clown McCain about the 10% disagreement with Bush that he was rattling off as cogently as I did here, the fact remains that he DID make the point that Bush has taken our country into the shit tank AND that McCain has agree with Bush's policy 90% of time.

Ergo, despite the 10% of the times that McCain wants to focus on and his bitter imitation of Lloyd Benston to scold Obama about how he should have ran against Bush 4 years ago, he cannot escape the fact the he and Bush are close to political DNA matches when it comes to their policies.

Maybe the idealogical supporters and the dimwitted don't get or understand that but every time he stammers through his defensive talking points about how he isn't Bush and rattles off the maverick laundry list of the 10% of things that he disagreed with Bush on, I just have to shake my head and wonder about the people who buy into that heap of sophistry.

I don't know. I find it more disturbing than interesting. When old folks like Pat Buchanan try to justify McCains performance as successful, I can easily write it off as a pundit supporting his party and pay him no mind. But when otherwise educated people in our age range fervently defend McCain (defend being the key word) and don't seem to notice that he and his running mate would be disastrous in office and between the two there is one shared handicapped brain cell, I become very uneasy. Is society that blind? Are people really the mindless and easily manipulated sheep I suspect they are? Is my cynicism really THAT just? Sadly, it is truly a great indicator of how the country wound up in its current economic position.

KingChile

• Yellowbeard
  • Quaestor
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2008, 01:14:28 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.558 seconds with 40 queries.